Trevin Farms
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Sudbury
See available hotels
  • Pool
Courtyard Middlebury(Middlebury)
Very Good 4/5
Circle Court Motel(Ticonderoga)
Green Acres Motel(Ticonderoga)
Middlebury Inn(Middlebury)
Very Good 4/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2015

I realized this morning while driving to work how relaxing our stay at Trevin Farm was. Me my wife and 3 daughters spent 2 nights on the farm. We were lucky to plan our visit during the time of year when the baby goats are born. Bottle feeding the babies was a remarkable experience for all of us. There are 4 feeding times a day and all our activities were planned around the feeding times. We also enjoyed helping with chores in the morning and late afternoon.
Besides for working very hard 365 days a year to keep the animals clean and fed Kevin and Troy take the time to make you feel welcome. As they witnessed how comfortable my family was around the animals we were given more opportunities to help and interact with them. During the chores Kevin, Troy and Alex explained what was happening and taught us a lot about the animals.
The house and rooms were very comfortable and it felt more like staying with friends for a couple days than staying at a hotel or B&B. The breakfast was great! My kids are already asking if we could go back again. If you want to experience what it is like living on a goat farm I would highly recommend a visit to Trevin Farms.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2014

We were sadly disappointed in our stay at Trevin Farms, surprising given the otherwise stellar reviews on this site.
We stayed at the end of the summer with our two children, ages 6 and 8, and had hoped for an immersive farming experience. What we got was far from it. I suspect this was due in part to the fact that we did not participate in their 'cheese making' class. Almost immediately upon our arrival, we were informed that we would not be able to milk the goats - as milking was only part of the cheese making class. Ok, I thought, there is plenty else on a farm to do. However, Kevin and Troy did very little to make us part of those experiences. Very odd given that the image on the homepage of their website shows a young girl holding a handful of freshly picked carrots. While there were chores to be done, I found that it was mostly us watching Troy and a farmhand do these chores. I had to ask on multiple occasions if the kids could help out with some trivial tasks. But in doing so, I felt intrusive and like an interloper. He really made no effort on his own accord to involve us or our children.
The same went for the stay at the house. Unlike most other B&Bs we've stayed at, there really weren't separate living quarters for the owners and guests. So when we returned from dinner at night to find the hosts seated around the kitchen table (adjacent to the living area) we felt banished up to our rooms upstairs. And the noise from their dinner along with the TV which they left on for the dogs filtered up well into the night past the kids bedtimes. My wife stated on multiple occasions that this setup made her very uncomfortable and left her feeling out of place. She asked that we leave as soon as possible in the morning.
We would never return to Trevin farms. I would not recommend this place to anyone we knew. But if they insisted on going I would tell them to do the cheesemaking class as that might be the only way to get a more inclusive experience.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank getmehome
Reviewed 29 October 2014

Trevin Farms was one of 7 accommodations on the New England trip my husband and I took this October and it was by far our favorite! We were greeted at the beautiful farm by Kevin who gave us chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven before introducing us to the animals. Right away we noted the harmony of this special place . . . chickens wandering unafraid of people, the dog playing with the calves, and of course the friendly goats! We couldn't spend enough time with these gentle and wonderful creatures.
The farm to table meals were delicious and comforting. Farm fresh eggs with potatoes and pork shoulder for breakfast. Butternut squash soup, fried goat cheese and risotto for dinner. My vegetarian meal request was respectfully honored without disappointment.
Our last morning on the farm was spent congregating with the goats, horses, pigs and dogs while we chatted with Troy. He filled us in on the history of the farm and shared stories about the animals that he and Kevin work so hard to care for. We loved every minute of our stay at Trevin farms and can't wait for an opportunity to return.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the suite which includes a private bathroom, private balcony and wood stove.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nannerpants
Reviewed 21 October 2014

My husband and I recently spent 2 nights at Trevin Farm and had a wonderful experience. It was different from any other B&B vacation we've taken -- in a good way -- and I came away very impressed with the philosophy of the farm. Troy and Kevin treat the animals extremely well and provide a peaceful environment that enables them to thrive. We got up early to milk the goats and learned a ton about goats and sustainable farming. Troy and Kevin answered my zillions of questions and seemed genuinely happy to do so. Kevin's breakfasts were fabulous, and the dinner we had as part of the cheese class program was delicious. Our room, which had a private bath, was spacious and spotless (just bring a hairdryer and shampoo). By the end of our stay, I was both relaxed and energized, and can't wait to return in the spring when the baby goats are being born.

Room Tip: Only one room has a private bath so if that's important to you, make sure you reserve well in advance.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Whyme67
Reviewed 17 September 2014

We knew this was going to be a great vacation as soon as we stepped onto the farm. Kevin and Troy have created such an amazing space in the heart of Vermont, and yet they are doing things their own way which just makes the whole place unique. I'll admit I was apprehensive at first, but it was really fun getting up close and personal with the animals...milking the goats was definitely a new experience for me but it was great. Troy taught us to make chèvre which we have thoroughly enjoyed and will be making soon ourselves. Kevin cooked amazing meals for us, made even better by the fact that nearly everything came from the farm.

Coming from Boston I have to confess that I never felt more like "city folk" in all my life, but it was a good feeling and I look forward to it again when we return!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple