“Now, THAT’s luxury and tranquility!”
Review of The Peacock Garden

The Peacock Garden
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Baclayon
Reviewed 25 April 2015

Our stay at The Peacock Garden is definitely one that I would put up there with my most memorable. While we did run into a little hiccup waiting a week to get an answer about a booking inquiry via email, everything was wonderful in our vacation in Bohol and it’s mostly thanks to Peacock Garden.

Pickup from the airport went smoothly. Right at its solid wood intricate gate, Peacock Garden inspires awe. Check in was a breeze (that is, when we finally got to the front desk, which I guess would be more aptly called reception. *hihi There were so many interesting things that caught our eye on the way in! Lots and lots of intricate wood furniture I wanted to make a close inspection of.)

Our Premier Infinity and Sea View room was ready as soon as we arrived at 8:00 a.m. and the instant we were left in the room, I made a beeline for the balcony to check what type of view we had of the pool. I found it wasn’t a middle view which I had my heart set on and I called reception if there was such a room still available. Ms. Honey Lyn told me she’d get back to me after checking on it and in a few minutes, the doorbell rang with Ms. Christine ready to move us next door. Much obliged, Ms. Christine, for the speedy prep of our new room, I really appreciate it. (“,)

After unpacking and putting all our stuff in the wardrobe (worthy of being a gateway to Narnia =b), we let the comfortable atmosphere at Peacock Garden that encourages one to laze around, sit out on the balcony looking to the horizon thinking deep thoughts, lay on one of the lounge chairs poolside reading a book, swim lazily around the pool (which is by the way a very well maintained pool) to take us over.

We really did a lot of deep thoughts moments at our balcony and noticed that whenever no one was using the pool, the maintenance men were out there scrubbing the tiles and fishing whatever bit of foreign material they could find out of the water. They did their job pretty well it seemed because Peacock Garden’s infinity pool had the first non slimy/slippery tiles I’ve ever brushed up against while taking a dip.

Meals, we took mostly at the Old Heidelberg, the hotel’s in house resto. We didn’t mind because the food there was superb. From breakfast to dinner, we found favorite dishes that will surely haunt our dreams. I never wanted hot choco, croissants, hot entrees for breakfast like garbanzo Neapolitan, soup of the day that was like a thick sinigang but with broccoli and carrots, and chocolate mousse like this. I could consume those every day! High quality food that is worth every peso, I tell you.

Through PG, we had a countryside tour booked for our second day to which we had a nice preview of Bohol. When we return, and I’m going to do my utmost to make that happen, we’ll surely stay at the Peacock Garden again. Just thinking about its plush bedding, thick bathrobes; beautiful and quiet surroundings in the room, outside the room, in the garden, in the resto; the breathtaking view, the Old Heidelberg food, the high speed Wi-Fi, and the accommodating service, is enough to make me cry now that we’ve left PG and are back to reality. ^^,

Room Tip: Second floor rooms make for a great choice for the best view.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
13  Thank XiNE F

Reviewed 23 April 2015

This is place is just perfect for family vacation. We love everything the resort have (pool, play area, playground for kids, food is excellent, room has a nice view baclayon). We will definitely come back to this place.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Vanessa B
Reviewed 16 April 2015

We attended a friend's wedding and stayed four days/three night. The hotel is peaceful and relaxing; the room was large and very comfortable; the wifi was good; the staff are among the best I've encountered; the food was outstanding; and the spa was great value. We would certainly stay again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank trishmck
Reviewed 8 April 2015

I recommended this hotel to a friend just from my experience in the gorgeous peacock spa, but it turns out the rooms were not up to standard. The thin walls alone really kill any moment of relaxation and privacy..you can literally hear the people next door having a conversation, let alone their television. For such a nice resort, you would think that this wouldn't be an issue. The food is wonderful and always a treat. The pool is spectacular! But unfortunately as a local I would not recommend this hotel to a friend again.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lena94547
Reviewed 6 April 2015

Stayed 4 days 3 nights with family over the Lenten break and the place was indeed every inch as fabulous as everyone here has been raving about. Peaceful, quiet atmosphere perfect for reading a good book and bonding with loved ones. Beddings oh so super comfy. Cleanliness commendable. Thoroughness of room check upon checkout likewise impressive as they even found a dress I forgot to pack,left hanging in their closet, and returned it to us.

Only complaint is that there seems to be too much scrimping on things. While they indeed have good branded toiletries in the bathroom, it was not replenished daily. Even bottled water has to be requested which is quite irritating, considering we have not gone beyond our daily ration of 2 bottles a day.

Same with their breakfast scheme. I am all for zero waste when it comes to food but when you allow guests to walk into the restaurant with nary an explanation as to why there are only rolls breads and fruit / juices on the buffet spread when tables of other guests are teeming with rice and meat dishes complete with eggs made many different ways,one gets skeptical. Again this time we have to get up from our table,ask and be more proactive before they explained that hot entrees have to be ordered from a menu. Ahhh.......why then didn't anybody inform us?

And then there was this issue about the menu that they can revise if they are really needing to save on food cost. Apparently their Filipino breakfast is composed of tapa beef, longganisa and tocino with garlic rice. Yes, three kinds of meat all in one plate which I think is a bit excessive. Especially for non beef eaters like us. And I wonder why they even have to ask if you want pork or chicken logganisa if they're going to serve all three kinds anyway. And then on our last day we ordered the same Filipino plate yet they served the meats without the rice. Again we had to ask and we were given plain rice this time.

Maybe we were always just in a hurry to get to the activities on our itinerary that we never really enjoyed breakfast in this resort. We didn't have the luxury of time to slowly wait for them to wait on us, slowly read the belated presentation of the menu card and then again wait some more for the food to come. Service is excruciatingly slow everywhere. In the front desk, in the restaurant more so. You really have to grin and bear everything because the people were so nice and seem to be trying their best already but to no avail. Maybe they should hire extra help when occupancy goes up?and more training,training and training for the staff.

Though I ranted and raved here these I feel are all minor things. Nothing that can't be addressed with a few changes.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennifer C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baclayon
65.5 km away
Amun Ini Beach Resort & Spa
6.7 km away
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Bohol
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Boho...
#1 of 12 in Tagbilaran City
19.7 km away
Amorita Resort
Amorita Resort
#1 of 16 in Panglao

Been to The Peacock Garden? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK