Our stay at The Peacock Garden is definitely one that I would put up there with my most memorable. While we did run into a little hiccup waiting a week to get an answer about a booking inquiry via email, everything was wonderful in our vacation in Bohol and it’s mostly thanks to Peacock Garden.
Pickup from the airport went smoothly. Right at its solid wood intricate gate, Peacock Garden inspires awe. Check in was a breeze (that is, when we finally got to the front desk, which I guess would be more aptly called reception. *hihi There were so many interesting things that caught our eye on the way in! Lots and lots of intricate wood furniture I wanted to make a close inspection of.)
Our Premier Infinity and Sea View room was ready as soon as we arrived at 8:00 a.m. and the instant we were left in the room, I made a beeline for the balcony to check what type of view we had of the pool. I found it wasn’t a middle view which I had my heart set on and I called reception if there was such a room still available. Ms. Honey Lyn told me she’d get back to me after checking on it and in a few minutes, the doorbell rang with Ms. Christine ready to move us next door. Much obliged, Ms. Christine, for the speedy prep of our new room, I really appreciate it. (“,)
After unpacking and putting all our stuff in the wardrobe (worthy of being a gateway to Narnia =b), we let the comfortable atmosphere at Peacock Garden that encourages one to laze around, sit out on the balcony looking to the horizon thinking deep thoughts, lay on one of the lounge chairs poolside reading a book, swim lazily around the pool (which is by the way a very well maintained pool) to take us over.
We really did a lot of deep thoughts moments at our balcony and noticed that whenever no one was using the pool, the maintenance men were out there scrubbing the tiles and fishing whatever bit of foreign material they could find out of the water. They did their job pretty well it seemed because Peacock Garden’s infinity pool had the first non slimy/slippery tiles I’ve ever brushed up against while taking a dip.
Meals, we took mostly at the Old Heidelberg, the hotel’s in house resto. We didn’t mind because the food there was superb. From breakfast to dinner, we found favorite dishes that will surely haunt our dreams. I never wanted hot choco, croissants, hot entrees for breakfast like garbanzo Neapolitan, soup of the day that was like a thick sinigang but with broccoli and carrots, and chocolate mousse like this. I could consume those every day! High quality food that is worth every peso, I tell you.
Through PG, we had a countryside tour booked for our second day to which we had a nice preview of Bohol. When we return, and I’m going to do my utmost to make that happen, we’ll surely stay at the Peacock Garden again. Just thinking about its plush bedding, thick bathrobes; beautiful and quiet surroundings in the room, outside the room, in the garden, in the resto; the breathtaking view, the Old Heidelberg food, the high speed Wi-Fi, and the accommodating service, is enough to make me cry now that we’ve left PG and are back to reality. ^^,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Peacock Garden is a boutique hotel and spa located on the island of Bohol, featuring a distinct blend of Old World ambience and Filipino hospitality. An idyllic retreat - tucked away on a hilltop and spread over 11 hectares - welcomes guests to sprawling gardens, luxury rooms, and stunning views of the Bohol Sea. With its tranquil environment, the island's finest dining experience, natural spa treatments, and captivating sea views, The Peacock Garden is the ideal hideaway for a romantic holiday, wedding weekend, or special event. It is a 15-minute drive from Tagbilaran City, and eco-cultural, beach, and outdoor activities are offered nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Peacock Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peacock Garden Hotel Baclayon
- Peacock Garden Luxury Hotel
- The Peacock Garden Bohol Province/Baclayon