“Top notch dining in cosy restaurant”
Review of Danny Minnie's

Danny Minnie's
Ranked #1 of 3 Annagry B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely evening in the hands of the very professional and attentive staff of Danny's. We were warmly greeted on arrival with the offer of drinks and menus to peruse in the lounge. I had a perfect pint of Guinness and others selected from the gin menu.
Excellent fresh scallop/pea puree dish to start. Salmon/samphire for main and selection of perfectly cooked veg. Other members of our party had surf n' turf, monkish, brill, sea bass and all returned glowing reports.
Fine selection of desserts and cheese board topped off a night to remember. Coffee and a night cap in the lounge and some surprising connections uncovered in our group made for a great night.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Having dined here on a number of occasions more than 20 years ago we decided to revisit and stay overnight to see if the food was as good as we remembered it. It was !
Our dinner was superb and served by friendly staff. While dinner was not cheap I did have the Steak with prawns and my wife had the Lobster. Both came with a substantial and varied selection of vegetables. All accompanied with a nice reasonably priced bottle of wine.
Our room was excellent with a large four poster bed and a large bathroom . Breakfast was also excellent with selection of fruits , scones and pancakes . Porridge with Drambuie was a first but delicious. Freshly cooked to order breakfast was particularly appealing and a nice change from the buffet now common in many hotels.
We will be back sooner rather than later!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We arrived on Saturday evening with two irritable children.... check in was quick and smooth with no hassle. The lady that checked us in asked if we would be eating I said yes but didn't have a table booked again this wasn't a problem. We came down early for dinner with the kids and we're seated in a lovely bar area. We were looked after by Mary who was very friendly and made me feel totally at ease as I was very anxious as my two are small and a little unsettled when hungry. My 4 year old has autism and I'm particularly anxious when he's in a social situation but Mary put us at ease.
The restaurant is very nice and fine dining which if I'm honest doesn't really suit small kids but again this never was a problem for the staff.
We were well looked after and the food was excellent. We rushed it ourselves as I was aware a lot of people out for a nice meal.
We got a puncture coming into the town and one of the owners came to our table having chatted briefly to my hubby and got our keys as he had arranged a local man to fix the puncture might I note at 6.30pm on a Saturday evening. All whilst we ate dinner.
Our room was comfortable and quirky and very clean with two good sized double beds.
The next morning I had to collect my teenage son from the local college at 8am as he had attended the Gaeltacht there( hence the reason we were there).
I took him in for brekkie with us which again was no problem with the staff.
Brekkie was lovely with lots of a selection and lovely freshly baked scones pancakes and homemade jams etc.
Full Irish was freshly cooked to order and the eggs were cooked to perfection. The lady who served us was lovely ( Scottish I think) who engaged in Irish conversation with my son.
I can not highly recommend this place enough. The staff went above and beyond my expectations.
As I said before I am always very aware of surroundings etc when my son is in public as he can have meltdowns any time for no reason at the drop of a hat.
We will definitely be returning when my son attends the Gaeltacht next year ( minus the two babies lol) as I want to truly experience the place with a nice bottle of red next time.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank nikkikMeath
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed every minute of this stay, staff could not do enough for us, really friendly and attentive. Our room had a 4 poster and was really comfortable. Carrick finn beach is only a few minutes away and is really stunning. Breakfast was made to order and was top class. I loved the decor of this place it was quirky and traditonal, I have recommended this place to friends and I would definately return

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dsherid
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant and B&B is excellent.
Great menu , superb food and attentive friendly staff. All come together in a "TARDIS" of a building with eclectic decor.Much of the produce is their own or sourced locally. Well worth going out of you way to visit.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Annagry
8.4 km away
0 km away
No photo provided
Loistin an Iuir
#2 of 3 in Annagry

Been to Danny Minnie's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK