“Beautiful location and lovely food and staff”

Ao Chalong Yacht Club Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 111 Restaurants in Chalong
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 11
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a very casual , secluded , Water Front Bar/Restaurant Where Everyone Is Welcome .Very good place to call in if you are touring around the Island . We employ local staff and source as much local Food as we possibly can without compromising quality . Ample parking , Fibre Optic Internet Connection , Beautiful View , Moderately Priced . Our apologies but we do not have Credit Card Facility . Local Thai Cuisine and European Comfort Food ( Bangers & Mash . Hamburger . Fish & Chips . Seafood Chowder . Daily Specials . ) We serve Iced Cold Beer and delicious Fresh Fruit Smoothies . We serve Bar Snacks at 5.30pm Monday to Thursday . Our Coffee is freshly ground and very good taste . We have freshly made food to suit a wide range of tastes and appetites . Pizzas are very good and we do provide a take away service if required . Look out for our sign , we have provided a photo of it . We have an Acoustic Guitarist playing on Sundays , he plays from 2.00 - 5.00 PM . He sings a lot of classic 60's - 70's . Very easy listening and as well as our Lamb Leg Roast or Loin of Pork, a very pleasant Sunday .
Reviewed 5 April 2018

First time that I had the appointment with my friend there. When I arrived I was surprised with a fantastic view of Ao Chalong and sailing boad in front of me. All decorated in white and lovely garden around. Mr. Kim the owner is very nice man and all staffs are so friendly and take a very good care for the guests. Foods are very nice and tasty. Highly recommended.

Kim M, Owner at Ao Chalong Yacht Club Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you very much ......yes it is a surprise when you first come in here . Pleased you enjoyed the time with us and hope we see you again soon . Kim and Staff .

Reviewed 3 April 2018

This establishment is a must for anyone spending time in Phuket. A spectacular setting complimented by great food, great staff and a welcoming atmosphere. Kim is a fantastic host with 40 years experience in the restaurant industry and an extensive knowledge of wine and cuisine from around the world. The menu boasts an impressive array of local and international dishes while the traditional Sunday roast is exceptional.

Kim M, Owner at Ao Chalong Yacht Club Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you very much .......we keep things simple and casual . Our food is nothing spectacular in the gourmet sense but honest and well cooked . I do not want future guests to have a high expectation . We have a wonderful setting and it is very relaxing and not priced through the roof . ( Kiwi saying ) Thanks again and hope we see you again soon .

Kim and Staff .

Reviewed 1 April 2018

The best Phad Thai I ever had in Phuket. We do enjoy other dishes as well when we visited this place both Thai and Western cuisines. Friendly staff with very warm welcome. Stunning view and very relaxing ambient. Love it and definitely recommend.

Kim M, Owner at Ao Chalong Yacht Club Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you very much ......our Phad Thai is very nice and pleased you enjoyed it .

Hope to see you again soon . Kim and Staff .

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I had excellent Thai Crab Cakes, and a delicious and filling main course of Lamb with Sweet Potato Mash and finished with a Chocolate Pudding which was to die for, which tasted like molten fudge with Ice Cream. It was served by charming staff in a beautiful setting. What more does one seek in a tropical paradise?
This place is off the beaten path, and well worth finding.

Thank you very much for the review .......I personally love all the dishes you had . My favorite is definitely the Lamb . Hope we see you again soon .

Kim and Staff .

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

This is a plain simple eatery. The scenery is nice but given overall beauty of Phuket nothing special. Serves international and Thai food with acceptable quality. But I have to say that those terrific food and restaurant photos I had seen in other reviews create overexpectation and eventual disappointment. Take those photos as good artistic expressions not as what you expect to see. Nice place for a refreshment break.

Kim M, Owner at Ao Chalong Yacht Club Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thank you for your review . As we are now number one Restaurant in
Chalong I am sure some new guests will have a high expectation of my business . I state very clearly that we provide very good Thai Food and very good western comfort food . Bangers and mash . Fish and chips . Hamburgers . Pizzas . Roast on Sundays . Plus we also have steak dishes , chicken , pork and a few other dishes that cater to a very wide range of tastes and appetites . Our food is ALWAYS well cooked , fresh and consistant . This is why we are number one in Chalong . We are not a Gastronomic Haven ...........

We do have very good photographs ......for you to be disappointed I apologize . For you to say we are nothing special given the over all beauty of Phuket .....well what can I say . I bless myself every morning for being able to come in here every day and enjoy that beauty .

My business is based around the local people in the community who seek to have some peace and quiet away from the hustle and bustle that can be Phuket at times . Most of out guests here enjoy what we have to offer and we have a very large amount of repeat business that is testament to that .

Thank you again for your review and also giving me the opportunity to clarify just waht we are here . Kim and Staff .