“Hyped expectations”

Ao Chalong Yacht Club Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 111 Restaurants in Chalong
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 11
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a very casual , secluded , Water Front Bar/Restaurant Where Everyone Is Welcome .Very good place to call in if you are touring around the Island . We employ local staff and source as much local Food as we possibly can without compromising quality . Ample parking , Fibre Optic Internet Connection , Beautiful View , Moderately Priced . Our apologies but we do not have Credit Card Facility . Local Thai Cuisine and European Comfort Food ( Bangers & Mash . Hamburger . Fish & Chips . Seafood Chowder . Daily Specials . ) We serve Iced Cold Beer and delicious Fresh Fruit Smoothies . We serve Bar Snacks at 5.30pm Monday to Thursday . Our Coffee is freshly ground and very good taste . We have freshly made food to suit a wide range of tastes and appetites . Pizzas are very good and we do provide a take away service if required . Look out for our sign , we have provided a photo of it . We have an Acoustic Guitarist playing on Sundays , he plays from 2.00 - 5.00 PM . He sings a lot of classic 60's - 70's . Very easy listening and as well as our Lamb Leg Roast or Loin of Pork, a very pleasant Sunday .
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

This is a plain simple eatery. The scenery is nice but given overall beauty of Phuket nothing special. Serves international and Thai food with acceptable quality. But I have to say that those terrific food and restaurant photos I had seen in other reviews create overexpectation and eventual disappointment. Take those photos as good artistic expressions not as what you expect to see. Nice place for a refreshment break.

Kim M, Owner at Ao Chalong Yacht Club Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thank you for your review . As we are now number one Restaurant in
Chalong I am sure some new guests will have a high expectation of my business . I state very clearly that we provide very good Thai Food and very good western comfort food . Bangers and mash . Fish and chips . Hamburgers . Pizzas . Roast on Sundays . Plus we also have steak dishes , chicken , pork and a few other dishes that cater to a very wide range of tastes and appetites . Our food is ALWAYS well cooked , fresh and consistant . This is why we are number one in Chalong . We are not a Gastronomic Haven ...........

We do have very good photographs ......for you to be disappointed I apologize . For you to say we are nothing special given the over all beauty of Phuket .....well what can I say . I bless myself every morning for being able to come in here every day and enjoy that beauty .

My business is based around the local people in the community who seek to have some peace and quiet away from the hustle and bustle that can be Phuket at times . Most of out guests here enjoy what we have to offer and we have a very large amount of repeat business that is testament to that .

Thank you again for your review and also giving me the opportunity to clarify just waht we are here . Kim and Staff .

Reviewed 24 March 2018

It is a perfect combination when the excellent food plus the stunning view. Before going there I thought the price would be high but i was wrong. Everything is worth. Surely, I will be the returning guest.

Kim M, Owner at Ao Chalong Yacht Club Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Thank you vert much ......yes we have a stunning view and yes I think our food is excellent also .

I do not think we are the best Restaurant in Phuket but thanks all the same . Hope we see you again soon .

Kim and Staff .

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I frequent here with my wife and friends, can't really fault the place, great value, friendly staff and epic food! My personal favourite is the Pork Chop & Potato Gratin! The owner Kim is an all around Nice guy and the Chef, so you can feel the love that goes into the food!

It's a gem tucked away down a side street in Chalong, but it's worth the treasure hunt, after all, the harder the journey the better the destination!

Kim M, Owner at Ao Chalong Yacht Club Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Thank you very much .........I am always humbled by our reviews and am genuinely happy to have guests who appreciate our place as much as we do . Thanks again , Kim and Staff .

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I live in the Chalong area and visit the Yacht Club at least once a week, usually for lunch. It's location has to be the best in the area, with sweeping views of Chalong Bay and the moored yachts.

Being local, I have tried most restaurants in the area and further afield, and without doubt this is my favourite, both for the excellence and consistency of the food, and the hospitality of Kim the host, and his hardworking and cheerful staff.

Although a club restaurant, it is open to the public and is worth seeking out if you are in the area. Definitely a gem.

Kim M, Owner at Ao Chalong Yacht Club Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thank you .....always good to have regular local clientele . We do have an Oasis of peace and tranquility ....sometimes it's a bit of a jungle out there .

Cheers ....Kim and Staff .

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

My family and I have visited Chalong Bay a few times and every time, we look forward to returning to this restaurant. It’s true, it is off the beaten track but that’s part of the beauty. You feel like you’ve discovered a gem.
The gardens are beautiful and well cared for and the view over the bay is magestic no matter what time of day which makes it a great spot for a few drinks as well as a meal. And believe me when I say, the food is excellent. Often when traveling in Asia, I yearn for nothing more than some familiar western flavours and this place has some amazingly simple dishes done very well, including the Sunday roast- but get in quick for that one. However, I usually choose the Thai food. I’m never let down no matter what I choose but I very rarely go past the Tom yum. I hope it’s still on the menu when we’re back in January next year.
All of this coupled with the genuinely warm hospitality of the owner and the team make it my favourite place for breakfast, lunch or dinner. 5 stars all round!

Thank you very much for such a great review . Always good to see return guests and always good to hear such good things . We love it hear and are so pleased to hear that others enjoy it also .

Thank you again Kim and Staff .