Open today: 7:00 am - 7:30 pm
Review Highlights
The best gym on the Soi!

Reviewed 6 March 2022
EmilyKuwait
Mold, United Kingdom
via mobile
If you want to get fit and have fun, this is for you

Was only supposed to train for 1 month, but ended up staying for 2. This training camp on fitness... read more

Reviewed 26 March 2020
alexbF7422HC
London, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Phuket
from $37.38
from $86.59
from $80.81
from $33.30
More Info
All reviews gym classes trainers soi mr
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 March 2022 via mobile

What a gym and what a place! I was pushed to my absolute limits for all of my 9 day stay. The team of trainers are fantastic - Jibby, Mr Oh and Nick. Every class was enjoyable and I can’t fault anything. I have come back to Kuwait physically and mentally stronger. I will definitely be back, 9 days wasn’t enough!! Thank you!

Date of experience: February 2022
Reviewed 26 March 2020 via mobile

Was only supposed to train for 1 month, but ended up staying for 2.

This training camp on fitness street is unreal. The staff are awesome and completely push you to your limits.

There are classes that cater for all fitness levels and it’s just great, something for everyone.

Date of experience: March 2020
RobHallam27, Owner at Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2020

Hey alexbF7422HC,

Thanks so much for the kind review and comments.

We try to cater for all levels, our coaches are very carefully selected and we only take best in terms of ability and character, glad to see it shines through.

Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 26 March 2020

Unit 27 is where you go to get the best results. I’ve used other gyms on Fitness Road, and they are no match. You can take as many classes as you want here, on the hour and every hour from 7am to 5-6pm every weekday and 7am to noon on weekends. There’s even an app where you can reserve classes in advance. After staying here a month, I have some constructive criticism for the business. The app is not well optimized for iOS. It’s extremely slow and the user interface is terrible. Also, the green turf for the sleds needs to be replaced. Finally, when the classes entail “punishments” for all participants, the instructors need to be considerate of language barriers. There were countless times when non-English speaking people didn’t understand or follow instructions. As a result, everyone gets punished, and then they get all bent out of shape with the “offenders” with no respect whatsoever for the language barrier. It’s not fair to expect everyone to understand English. At the very least, please convey that message to all staff.

Date of experience: February 2020

Hi there ManBearhorse,

Firstly thank you for the 5 and very kind words, very please to hear you enjoyed

As regards your very relevant and well presented observations / recommendations I’ll answer in bullet point for if that’s ok.

1; Agreed on the app but it’s our first effort and the expense to change out ( in the current climate) is not a priority. We are however aware and will deal as soon as feasible.

2: prowler track turf is replaced annually and we are we are due to do so again prior to the next high season.

3: blanket punishment is a part of our military ethos angle (throw back to my commando training days) and we find it works in terms of operational effectiveness.

4: Language barriers are an issue and difficult to resolve due to our standard of coaches being extremely high but generally not bilingual. You’ve prompted a thought for the use of flash cards, so thanks again.

Thanks again and look forward to seeing you soon again.

Reviewed 7 January 2020

Unit27 is truly one of a kind. It’s the absolute best place I’ve ever been for training and the atmosphere there is unrivaled! What makes this place so special is the AMAZING people who make up the Unit27 team! Each has their own unique coaching style but each and every one of them are top class. A massive thank you to Jibby for pushing me to my absolute limit in Grenade, Natalie for her epic (and much needed) pep talks during body consultations, Billy for patiently correcting my rubbish form in every CrossFit class, Tamika for creating such a positive and encouraging vibe in every class of hers, Eng for being deceptively tough - hiding it by being SO friendly and always smiling, Nick and Mr Oh for appearing out of nowhere if they spot you slacking to make sure you’re giving 100%, Gib for her killer warm ups, Lizel for strategically avoiding filming me when I told her I hated being on camera, Harry’s FAB Rapid Fire sessions and super informative demos and Leo for his expert advice on weight loss and nutrition helping me keep up the Unit27 healthy lifestyle even after leaving Phuket with his online coaching! A massive thank you as well to the wonderful reception team and hidden heroes who make the place run as smoothly and professionally as it does! I can’t thank you guys enough for helping me on my weight loss journey and to anyone reading this wondering if this is the right place for you – ABSOLUTELY it is! You won’t find a more inclusive, inspiring and all round wonderful to smash your goals. Thank you Unit27 – I can’t wait to get back!

Date of experience: September 2019
RobHallam27, Owner at Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2020

Hey Elle,

Wow !!!! Not much more the team can say in response bar “Thank you so much”

It’s hearing of experiences like this that make being a part of The Team so much more rewarding and enjoyable. So pleasing to hear that we were able to assist in your journey and looking forward to hopefully being a continued part of your success.

Great work, we’ll done & thanks again

Reviewed 4 December 2019 via mobile

Trained here for a week after training at Titan. What a place!
Book onto classes through the app so the classes are controlled, limited to a max number of people.
The coaches are extremely competent at what they do, really positive energy every time you go.
Classes really do push you to your limits - super rewarding.
Pearls mobilize class in the morning sets you up for the day - so good!
Can’t wait to come back!!!

Date of experience: December 2019
1  Thank cmacmacma
RobHallam27, Owner at Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2019

Hi and thank you so much for the review.

Pearl really is a rare pearl and will be so happy to read this, as will the rest of the team

Glad you appreciated the limited classes, we believe in a strict coach/client ratio approach and would actively rather help 20 people towards their goals than watch 50 people find their own way.

Look forward to seeing you again