Open today: 7:00 am - 12:30 am
Review Highlights
Brilliant all round gym experience

We spent a month in Unit 27 recently and can't recommend it highly enough. The staff are all... read more

Reviewed 14 May 2022
tgrun42
Woollahra, Australia
The best gym on the Soi!

What a gym and what a place! I was pushed to my absolute limits for all of my 9 day stay. The team... read more

Reviewed 6 March 2022
EmilyKuwait
Mold, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Phuket
from $30.31
from $86.59
from $80.81
from $33.30
More Info
All reviews gym classes trainers soi mr
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 December 2019

I've been coming to unit 27 for the last five years I try to spend at least a month a year here , it's always a great experience with amazing coaching staff and great facilities and classes for all levels , only suggestion would be to get some heavier dead balls ,as over the years I've got stronger and now find the 50 kg not challenging any more, so would like to push myself to the next level ,,look forward to coming back in February ,with no doubt a bit of Xmas fat to burn off

Date of experience: December 2019
1  Thank 863davidc863
RobHallam27, Owner at Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2019

Hi David - apologies for the delay in response, was certain I was up to date on this but evidently not . My bad.

Thank you so much for the kind review and words.

We will raise the issue of dumbbells and address accordingly. 50kg dead balls puts you in a class above normal but we are here to accommodate and will certainly take a look at that.

In the meantime please do enjoy your Xmas and don’t worry about a little bit of festive fat .... that’s why we train - so we can enjoy those important times.

look forward to seeing you in Feb

Cheers - #GOHARDORGOME

Reviewed 12 November 2019 via mobile

Great facility and great atmosphere. The training is intense and the crew is super nice! Highly recommended

Date of experience: November 2019
RobHallam27, Owner at Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2019

Hey Bassamalam,

Great to hear you enjoyed The Unit and thanks for taking the time to write us up .

Hoping to see you again with us in the near future !

Reviewed 6 November 2019

friendly staff. good facilities. easy to use app for booking. prices are consistent with every where. central location. worth every baht.

Date of experience: November 2019
RobHallam27, Owner at Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2019

Hi Hunglow,

Thanks for the review, it’s always nice to hear from Troopers that enjoyed “ The Unit Experience” !

Look forward to seeing you again soon we hope

Reviewed 2 October 2019 via mobile

I’ve been to fitness street a few times and i’d always been too scared to walk into Unit 27. I’d walked past and everyone looked like fitness models and the workouts looked insane and I was worried I’d be laughed out of the building if I tried to take part.

I’d had a bad experience at Tiger and decided to take the plunge and try out Unit 27. I was super super nervous and didn’t know what to expect. I emailed them first to see if I could chat to them about what classes to do. They were really helpful and later that day I was signed up to a couple of classes.

I’ve got an injury that I need to work around, and all of the trainers were amazing at making sure my workouts didn’t suffer. I was easily the most unfit person in every class I attended but I was never made to feel out of place. Everyone in the class encourages you to get through the workout.

I wish I’d gone to Unit 27 sooner, as I only went with a week of my trip left. I’ll definitely be back again soon. I am missing the classes already!

Date of experience: September 2019
2  Thank gemsy62
RobHallam27, Owner at Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2019

Hi Gemsy,

Firstly thanks so much for the great review, it’s always nice to hear that our Troopers are happy.

Secondly it’s so good to hear that you got past the Units Hardcore reputation. Yes we do demand 100% but we also adapt to the clients needs. Many people don’t have the courage to step through our doors so please do accept a sincere “good on ya” from all of us here at The Unit.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon

Cheers - Rob

Reviewed 6 August 2019

I’ve been here for 6 weeks already and the gym facility is great. I love the programs and I find them all encompassing. It would be one of my favorite and most recommended gyms on the strip if it weren’t for the fact that 50% of the staff NOT including Jibby, Tamika, Mr O and billy (they’re awesome) need to be trained in cultural appropriation. Need to work on not isolating beginners or other race that are not “Caucasian”... I’ve found myself getting more attention as a “advance” than people who are obviously struggling and in need of correction. The gym is truly a place in which you can meet your goals as long as you’re lucky to encounter the right trainers. Overall, trainers tend to cater to a very specific group while leaving the rest of the crowd feeling like they don’t belong. I understand that every gym as it’s own flow but this being a great space it’s a shame that all coaches don’t follow the same protocol to make everyone feel comfortable regardless of their fitness level or their race. #GOHARD in all levels or #GOHOME coaches. hope that there is a change for me to witness before I leave in the next two weeks. I truly would love to come back but only if it’s an equal place for all. (Unit 27- Please be respectful of my experience/observation and my feedback without comparing it to other “great reviews” each review specially when offering betterment for the company should be taken into account) Rob & Dayle

Very Respectfully,
A fellow Trooper

Date of experience: July 2019
4  Thank Eliz2030
RobHallam27, Owner at Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2019

Afternoon Trooper!

First off I’d like to express that the cause for delay in Unit-27’s response to your review was that we value feedback an enormous amount, and of course your review contained a hefty amount of it. Including subjects we’ve never once had raised before, so naturally I needed time to digest.

I’d like to thank you for your compliments of the facilities we here at Unit-27 possess and am thankful that you’ve had a great experience thus far, to a certain extent. I unfortunately have to respond to your other comments in reference to our coaching team, and I hope below I do that in a respectful and understanding manner, which could potentially lead to myself being able to meet you personally if you need/wanted to.

Unit-27 stands for many things, and the word ‘family’ is most certainly one. Since November 2013, when I stood on that floor about to run the first class, with a number of abilities, and huge diversity in the class, to now where we have a world-renowned team of coaches operating up to 16 classes per day, I believe we have managed to maintain the ‘family vibe’.

The mention of cultural misappropriation from a few of our coaches is upsetting to me, as I personally have a relationship with each and every single one of them and can vouch for every all of them. At Unit-27 we have served a number of people from different countries and ethnic backgrounds from all around the world, to an extremely respectful standard, and not once have I ever encountered someone mention racial discrimination. Furthermore, the preferential treatment of advanced athletes I believe is not correct, as we have made it very clear during classes to focus on technique and encouragement, as we see this as paramount. To add to that point, we are also introducing a beginners programme to Unit-27 in the future, because we value differing abilities so much here at Unit-27.

I’d like to thank you for your review and comments however, as feedback is always accepted here at Unit-27, and that’s how I believe we have reach the position in which we have now.

I’d like to personally invite you contact me via my personal email, to see if we could further rectify this situation, and that I could explain more about “The Unit” to you, and why we love what we do so much.

Much appreciated,