Open today: 7:00 AM - 7:30 PM
Review Highlights
If you want to get fit and have fun, this is for you

Was only supposed to train for 1 month, but ended up staying for 2. This training camp on fitness... read more

Reviewed 26 March 2020
alexbF7422HC
London, United Kingdom
via mobile
Best overall fitness gym in Phuket

Unit 27 is where you go to get the best results. I’ve used other gyms on Fitness Road, and they are... read more

Reviewed 26 March 2020
manbearhorse
Phuket, Thailand

Recommended experiences in and around Phuket
from US$ 21.82
from US$ 98.21
from US$ 37.77
from US$ 129.31
More Info
All reviews fitness levels warm ups weight loss classes gyms training goals nutrition phuket kg participants inspiring baht
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 March 2015

Excellent training facility, friendly trainers, no experiance needed if you are looking to train this is one of the most perfect places.
everyone here is looking to help improve everyones fitness plenty of encouragment for all levels of fitness.
Also a great thing is the limited class sizes which helps the trainers help you get the best from every session.
Hope to see future locations Chiang mai maybe ??
GO HARD OR GO HOME

Date of experience: March 2015
1  Thank Brian D
Rob H, Owner at Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2015

Hi Brian,

thanks very much for taking the time to write us up, great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

The limited class concept is essential to us as we believe that quality must always take precedence over quantity, quickest way to ruin a great class is to fill it to the brim ;-) As you spotted we accommodate the demand for the sessions by putting more of them in the schedule, which seems to be the right approach.

Chang Mai ? Myself and Sarah visited there a couple of weeks ago, beautiful place and really relaxing ..... would certainly be the first place we would look at if we ever expanded in Thailand :-)

Thanks again.

Rob

Reviewed 6 March 2015 via mobile

Been living in Phuket for a few years now and always wanted to get stuck into a fitness program and was never convinced about joining up until I heard about Unit 27!
Being a tad overweight and a bit intimidated about joining such a place, it was clear my preconceptions were wrong and I was made very welcome and felt like part of the family from the very beginning!

I must say how impressed I was with the whole set up at Unit 27, the equipment was practically new and everything was very clean. Gotta put a big shout out to Sarah, she's a great instructor her spin classes were just superb.

Unit 27 is first class institution with a great team of instructors ! It is a cut way above the rest of the other gyms here in Phuket. A must go for anyone who is looking for a serious place to work out!

3  Thank ubackpacker
Rob H, Owner at Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2015

Hi there,

thanks for taking the time to review The Unit, we really are grateful,and it's especially nice to hear from a local resident as you have all the time in the world to compare us to the huge selection of alternatives :-)

We say it all the time but once again you've hit the nail on the head. The Unit is for everyone we have a reputation for being "HardCore" but that's simply not true, a burped is a burped regardless of where you perform the exercise. What, we feel, makes the difference is the environment and the fact that the vibe motivates YOU to work harder, we just help bring out what is already inside you !

ANYONE who has the courage to walk through our door, having listened to the "HardCore Gym" talk, is already a motivated and committed person, and we can work with that :-)

Reviewed 5 March 2015 via mobile

After 20 years without doing any sports , a few extra kilos , I was told it was about times to make a change , my wife had being there for 6 months before I started,
So I will give it a go ( I don't like gym's) but this place is different , special, fun and hard , well if your like me 20 years doing nothing .
I can say honestly it's the best thing to happen,I am getting fit loosing a few kilos , the staff are great the push you hard and when you feel you can't go any more the push till you get there , which is great. I'll kept coming back for more till I get where I want to be, and I'll go for more . Many thanks
Tommy

3  Thank tpc1973

Hi Tommy,

thanks for writing us up mate.

Been absolute pleasure to watch your personal journey since you first visited us way back. You are visibly stronger, faster, healthier and well proportioned. Nothing to do with us though, we just provide the tools, all the hard work is down to you and you alone. Damned good effort ;-)

Reviewed 5 March 2015

This place is amazing was meant to go for a month but due to personel reasons had to leave early but the time i was there I've never felt so welcomed entering a gym,
The trainers are all amazing with great sense of humours.
Any time i needed info about anything the trainers were happy to step aside and answer anything i needed to no.Overall great place and a big thanks to muscle bar amazing food and staff are great and like a laugh.Highly recommend going to unit 27
apart from all the great staff it is very well priced for what you get .Cheers Will

Date of experience: February 2015
3  Thank willgough12

Hi Will,

thanks for the kind words, great to hear that enjoyed your limited time with us and hope things back home settled somewhat for you now.

We've just put a Mini Muscle Bar in The Unit and the same staff are now busy delivering the same quality and service, just a little easier to get to ;-)

See you agin soon we hope !

Reviewed 4 March 2015

Unit27 is definitely the most extreme Gym on Muay Thai road. The trainers there push you to your limits and then some. Great facilities and great atmosphere. But as i said, if your training at Unit27 be prepared for hard work. At one point the trainer followed me on her scooter while running up and down the road, yelling at me to push through. Her exact quote: "Go Hard or Go Home!"

Date of experience: March 2015
1  Thank James M

Hi James,

thanks for the review, great to hear that you enjoyed our particular 'style and vibe' .... it's a little bit different hey ? ;-)

The instructors genuinely love their work and that probably showed through in the fact that they were chasing you down the street ;-)

Hope to see you regularly with us.