Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Gym
Ranked #3 of 43 things to do in Chalong
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Unit-27 is Asia's leading specialist & purpose built S&C/Fitness Facility. Staffed with an Elite Team of Qualified S&C coaches, the quality of our sessions are the best you will ever experience, the results effective, fast and above all safe. We are split between 2 separate sites as Unit-27, 150m apart. Our second site is Phukets original CrossFit affiliate & operates under the official name "CrossFit Phuket". Crossfit Phuket operates within a 'state of the art', climate controlled, indoor facility. We have 8 lifting platforms for Oly lifting and a hugely experienced coaching team for all the technical aspects. Our on site organic, health food Muscle Bar provides nutrition advice, and personalised meal plans. All sessions are all high intensity orientated and include Strength and Conditioning, Yoga, Body Fit, Spinning, Crossfit, Free Weights. With Ice Baths & Sauna for your recovery needs, and an apparel shop selling cool gear, Unit-27 is a "one stop shop" for all your needs.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 9 March 2015 via mobile

Have you ever heard the term "tested to destruction"? Well this place does that and just when you think you are broken, they break you some more.
Expect tears, pleading and shouting as they release your inner tiger. If you find yourself on Soi Ta Ied and you decide fighting is not your thing and the biggest fight you have is within yourself, get down to Unit 27 because these guys will be on your side when fighting the voice inside you that says "You can't"!
"The word "But" is an argument for our limitations, and when we argue our limitations, we get to keep them."

3  Thank Olly B
Rob H, Owner at Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Gym, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2015

Hi Ben,

thanks for the great review :-)

"Tested to Destruction" ? Ha, very good :-) I hope you didn't feel too broken and we managed to put you back together at the end ? :-)

There are some fantastic gyms on the Soi but The Unit concentrates solely on conditioning you physical, mentally and socially (Total Conditioning) for whatever your particular sport maybe, whether that is Muay Thai, CrossFit, Golf, Ice Hockey, Rugby etc ..... or just personal improvement. That makes the vibe in The Unit, and the people that come to experience it, a little different.

Thanks again :-)

Rob

#GOHARDORGOHOME

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Gym

Reviewed 9 March 2015

Trained at unit for 4 weeks. I can and have recommended it to friends.

Its a state of the art training facility, clean, no nonsense/though love, with a great sense of community, encouragement and passion. In one my first sessions when ready to give up...and voicing;'I cant! On of my trainers replied; YES YOU CAN, its all in your head...move!

In the classes and privates the trainers have the ability to get you out of your comfort zone (no matter your level) cross over your physical, mental threshold and excel beyond were you thought you could go.

You'll feel tired, satisfied and even euphoric after the classes, they are never the same. Its fitness in its purest form and one of the best things I could have done, this year.

I thoroughly enjoyed the complimentary sauna and ice baths, a welcome wellness perk and very good against onset muscle soreness. As a beginner I enjoyed the cross fit origin classes,posture and technique are emphasized, which helps you in other sessions and prevents injury. If injured or physically challenged Dayle specializes in Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation. He gives firm/though private trainings, strengthening and conditioning weak points/and muscles, with great results.

It has been quite the experience, this average fitness enthusiast (who wondered where the hell she was when starting) left rejuvenated, leaner, stronger and healthier! thanks to Oh, Evan, Jibby, Rob, Dayle and Sandor! (also courtesy of muscle bar custom meal plan)

Looking forward to going back #training in paradise# gohardorgohome

1  Thank Kimplayne H

Hi Kimplayne,

what a great review ! Thanks for taking the time to pick up on so many positive points and for mentioning some of the team by name. They read all of these reviews and I know they really enjoy being mentioned personally, makes it all so much more worthwhile :-)

Great to see that you picked up on the 'mind over matter' angle. So many of us just need that inner strength to be realised to enable us to move past what we once saw as barriers and now see as achievements. Mind over matter !

Reviewed 7 March 2015

Excellent training facility, friendly trainers, no experiance needed if you are looking to train this is one of the most perfect places.
everyone here is looking to help improve everyones fitness plenty of encouragment for all levels of fitness.
Also a great thing is the limited class sizes which helps the trainers help you get the best from every session.
Hope to see future locations Chiang mai maybe ??
GO HARD OR GO HOME

1  Thank Brian D

Hi Brian,

thanks very much for taking the time to write us up, great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

The limited class concept is essential to us as we believe that quality must always take precedence over quantity, quickest way to ruin a great class is to fill it to the brim ;-) As you spotted we accommodate the demand for the sessions by putting more of them in the schedule, which seems to be the right approach.

Chang Mai ? Myself and Sarah visited there a couple of weeks ago, beautiful place and really relaxing ..... would certainly be the first place we would look at if we ever expanded in Thailand :-)

Thanks again.

Rob

Reviewed 5 March 2015 via mobile

Been living in Phuket for a few years now and always wanted to get stuck into a fitness program and was never convinced about joining up until I heard about Unit 27!
Being a tad overweight and a bit intimidated about joining such a place, it was clear my preconceptions were wrong and I was made very welcome and felt like part of the family from the very beginning!

I must say how impressed I was with the whole set up at Unit 27, the equipment was practically new and everything was very clean. Gotta put a big shout out to Sarah, she's a great instructor her spin classes were just superb.

Unit 27 is first class institution with a great team of instructors ! It is a cut way above the rest of the other gyms here in Phuket. A must go for anyone who is looking for a serious place to work out!

3  Thank ubackpacker
Rob H, Owner at Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Gym, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2015

Hi there,

thanks for taking the time to review The Unit, we really are grateful,and it's especially nice to hear from a local resident as you have all the time in the world to compare us to the huge selection of alternatives :-)

We say it all the time but once again you've hit the nail on the head. The Unit is for everyone we have a reputation for being "HardCore" but that's simply not true, a burped is a burped regardless of where you perform the exercise. What, we feel, makes the difference is the environment and the fact that the vibe motivates YOU to work harder, we just help bring out what is already inside you !

ANYONE who has the courage to walk through our door, having listened to the "HardCore Gym" talk, is already a motivated and committed person, and we can work with that :-)

Reviewed 5 March 2015 via mobile

After 20 years without doing any sports , a few extra kilos , I was told it was about times to make a change , my wife had being there for 6 months before I started,
So I will give it a go ( I don't like gym's) but this place is different , special, fun and hard , well if your like me 20 years doing nothing .
I can say honestly it's the best thing to happen,I am getting fit loosing a few kilos , the staff are great the push you hard and when you feel you can't go any more the push till you get there , which is great. I'll kept coming back for more till I get where I want to be, and I'll go for more . Many thanks
Tommy

3  Thank Liamtho

Hi Tommy,

thanks for writing us up mate.

Been absolute pleasure to watch your personal journey since you first visited us way back. You are visibly stronger, faster, healthier and well proportioned. Nothing to do with us though, we just provide the tools, all the hard work is down to you and you alone. Damned good effort ;-)