“Poor customer service, average food”
Review of Pier 42

Pier 42
Ranked #34 of 113 Restaurants in Chalong
Cuisines: European, Thai
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Was very disappointed with our experience here after seeing so many positive reviews. We arrived as a party of 3 ordering 2 portions of fish and chips and a baguette.
The staff were quite unfriendly, not bothered about our arrival. After seeing mayo on the menu, I asked if I could have some with my meal, and the waitress just said no, without an explanation. Talk about poor customer service? One thing that was clear to us was that their head chef was in fact a microwave, we heard it being used so much! Our fish was a very weird consistency and texture but I’d like to hope they didn’t microwave it.... Anyway fish and chips made both me and my friend sick so would definitely not return. Get some nicer staff

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

This place is definitely different and in a positive way. Would love to try to stay at the hotel. I think we visited the restaurant at an unfortunate time. They could serve only one thing on the menu (pad thai - below average) and the coffee was so so, but then again I haven't had a cappuccino anywhere in Thailand yet that's an actual cappuccino.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

I have lived in phuket for a long time. I have heard a lot about Pier 42, but since nothing else was open that one morning I gave it a shot.
The restaurant looks really nice.
The food is nothing special. Not a lot of love in it. Pancake were undercooked and dow'y.
The coffee had a taste of old coffee powder - which might just have been a bad one time thing.
Smoothies were said to be good (i haven't tried them)

All in all - I will not recommend breakfast here. Too low quality for the price.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Tobias J
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Friendly staff and willing to assist, I will recommend this place to friends and families who visit Phuket.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 23 February 2017

Pier 42 is located right next to the Chalong Pier. They serve Doi Chaang coffee, which is some of the best in Thailand, and also offer a good selection of Western and Thai dishes. The breakfasts are particularly good, such as the Khao Tom. We love the interior too, and they have great service.

Date of visit: March 2016