“Brilliant food - excellent quality”
Review of Vset

Vset
Ranked #25 of 113 Restaurants in Chalong
Cuisines: Thai, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2016

Vizet is simple the best restaurant in Phuket. The snowfish is excellent, and the lobster bisque is memorable.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank BrianPhillips

Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

This was my first time at Vset. I heard many people saying that this was a good restaurant , but it turns out that it was ....really really bad.

Service: I'll give it a 2.5 since the waiters were really not caring.

Food: 1. The food was horrible. !!!! I had Crab Ravioli for that starter and it was bad.
For the main I had Tomato Spaghetti, it was horrible. The tomato sauce tasted like a tomato sauce that came from a tin.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

I had been to this restaurant several times when the kitchen was run by chef Ronnie. Well, I learned tonight that he quit a while back. Things are definitely not as good. Vset used to be amazing under his helm....... Now the standard is definitely a lot lower. And I was looking forward so much to coming back.

I suspect that the people in the kitchen may have worked for chef Ronnie before. There's some attempts to recreate the dishes but they are a very weak attempt.

Anyway here's the review, item by item:

Menu: 3. The menu was never large but it was well stocked with some amazing dishes. Now it's got some itemsv that seen interesting and a mixture of other dishes which makes the reader unsure what the concept is. There is also a totally Thai menu with Korean and Russian translations.

Service: 2.5. Slow, less attentive, less caring.

Food: 1. Avocado salad where the avocado was rock hard, carbonara pasta for my son with processed ham and outs spices, crab ravioli that were fresh but not undercooked, average tuna tartare, terrible tomato spaghetti (tin sauce?), Scallop main under bombardment from raisins, stale bread. I was going to order dessert by by this stage I just wanted to run away. .

Wine: 1. They used tov have an amazing cellar. Whoever is stocking it up now has no idea.

Atmosphere: 5. The place still looks amazing so I can't fault that

Price:1. Too expensive given the bad food.

Safe to say I won't be back....

And note I have to find a place to eat! I am famished.

Date of visit: March 2016
1  Thank Alain B
Reviewed 28 January 2016

Excellent bar with view on Chalong bay....and cold Hoegaerden......the restaurant it self has a "signature" menu which is "classe" and still affordable. The interior is stylish....in net a place to go for a special celebration (as we did with a friends reunion) or for a romantic "tete a tete"

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 2 January 2016

My partner and I stumbled upon this restaurant when walking around the pier from our hotel.
We chose to eat here and found the location looking out to sea lovely albeit quite windy.

The food was reasonably priced and very tasty. The service was clearly organised and the waiters were observant so that drinks were refilled and courses ran smoothly.

We planned to eat here again before the end of the holiday but we did not get around to it which was a shame.

Date of visit: December 2015