“An amazing and unforgettable culinary experience!”
Review of MacNean Restaurant

MacNean Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Blacklion
Price range: ₹0 - ₹11,807
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 26 May 2024 via mobile

I booked our reservation at MacNean House eight months in advance and I looked forward to it with great anticipation. All of my expectations were exceeded and i had the culinary experience of my life! The staff were lovely at every encounter from booking to payment. Service was exceptional and seamless—staff were friendly, warm and without an iota of pretension. We started with a cocktail in the lounge and then were brought into the beautiful dining area that was both elegant and comfortable. There were three in our party and we were seated at a plush semi-circular booth in the center of the room—I think it was the best table in the house! We were treated to their nine course tasting menu with choices for starter, main and dessert. We opted to not get the wine pairing and were delighted with the wine selected. The well-paced service left us wanting for nothing. The food was absolutely divine and was beautifully and artfully presented. We could not have felt more pampered and our palates were tantalized with every bite! After dinner, we had the surprise opportunity to have a glimpse of the gardens. I just cannot express how amazing the whole experience was and days later we are still on a high from it! If you have the opportunity to go, take it—absolutely worth the wait! We felt like VIPs at every turn and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had!

Date of visit: May 2024

Reviewed 6 April 2024

The best meal of your life. Everything from the atmosphere, decor, amazing waiting staff. Warm welcome and the most stunning food you will ever eat.

Date of visit: April 2024
Reviewed 4 December 2023 via mobile

Took my partner for his birthday dinner. Service was excellent, staff friendly and efficient. Had taster menu. Each course presented beautifully and tasted amazing. Lovely food though choice more limited than on previous visits.

Date of visit: November 2023
Reviewed 28 August 2023

We went here for a birthday celebration dinner and what a treat it was. By far the BEST meal we've ever eaten. We had the Prestige taster menu and it was sensational from start to finish. We were so lucky that Nevin was there himself and he went around to every table at the restaurant and spoke with everyone there. An absolute gentleman. The staff were amazing, so polite and knowledgeable about everything they were serving. You could tell they all enjoyed what they did.
I had booked this month's in advance, which you do need to do, but don't let that put you off. My goodness it's worth it.
Kerina and Niall from Kerry

Date of visit: August 2023
Reviewed 19 August 2023 via mobile

It is so rare these days to visit a restarant where the welcome, service and food are simply exceptional. We had a fantastic evening which was made so special by the care we received from Neven; Charlie, Christopher and the front of house team. This is first time I have ever seen my wife so relaxed when she was being served lactose and egg free options. On many previous occasions in other high class restaurants, she has suffered badly when the food was not truly as it was stated. The team dealt with her needs superbly without any fuss.

The food was simply delicious and we left feeling truly blessed by the whole experience.

We enjoyed ourselves so much that we have booked to come back to Ireland from England in early 2024 and this time to stay in the lovely rooms.

Keep up the good work. I hope you receive greater awards in due course. (Michelin take note!).

As a footnote, our car would not start when we left the restarant and the person closing up the garage provided us with a jump start (in the pouring rain) gave us his leads and would not take any money. If anybody in the restarant knows who he is please tell him that his act of kindness was amazing.

Date of visit: August 2023