Saved up with wife for a weekend in dublin. Dont get to have many breaks away due to family circumstances so this one was special and we said we'd treat ourselves as it was our first weekend away in 8 years.
Hotel was magnificent - like a 5-star hotel. No matter how hard i tried to fault it, i couldnt. Place was immaculate.
We got an evening meal as part of our package - which was delicious. The staff offered us drinks with our meal, however to try and keep the cost down (took long enough to save up for this!) we opted for a glass of water each.
They gave us a bottle of still water but by two glasses it was gone. The food was delicious, cant fault it either. After dinner i asked for another glass of water and another bottle arrived. I just had about half a glass and left the rest (i only wanted a glass, didnt really expect a whole bottle anyway).
Upon departure of the restraunt, i was informed there was a surcharge of €10.40 on my bill.... FOR TWO BOTTLES OF WATER @ €5.20 EACH!?
WTF?? (i would mind, but i also left 3/4 of the 2nd bottle on the table??!)!
THIS IS AN UTTER DISGRACE. I have *NEVER* in my LIFE had to pay for a glass of water in an Irish hotel - and i have asked several people I know, who would be away regularly, and they were just as shocked as i was!
Charge for WATER??? TAP WATER?
Does Enda Kenny have shares in this place?
I was so delighted to get away with my wife for the first time in 8 years, and we were so stunned by the quality of the hotel, this really brought us both back down to earth with a BANG!
I still cannot get over this. I'm even annoyed now that we actually spent ANY of our money with this hotel, as they certainly dont deserve it - not if theyre going to CHARGE people for TAP WATER!
I have no doubt whatsoever those bottles are refilled and put in the fridge, it is all a big scam.
If it was SPAIN of somewhere, fair enough - because the tapwater i apparently 'not drinkable'... But here?!
There was no mention of a water charge on the menu and the staff certainly didnt say it when i asked for more. And then to think i left a small 'tip' on the table (along with 3/4 of my bottle of water?) has infuriated me.
I had looked at the wine menu, and we could have got a bottle of white wine CHEAPER than the two bottles of water!
Or even two Cokes would have been cheaper.....
So what can i say? This kind of spoiled our stay and i certainly wouldnt go back because of this - if you ARE going, bring your own bottled water to your room, and ask for soft drinks with your meal!
Who do these people think they are, charging €5.20 for a litre of water in all fairness??
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Dublin Blanchardstown is located in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre, just off the N3 and minutes from the M50 motorway. Dublin Airport is 7 km away. It has a restaurant serving contemporary Italian cuisine, 14 fully equipped meeting rooms, a bar, and bedrooms featuring brand new beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Blanchardstown Hotel Blanchardstown
- Crowne Plaza Blandchardstown
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Blandchardstown
- Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown County Dublin