Lowest prices for your stay
$85
Free cancellation until 06/07/22
Priceline$88
Travelocity
Booking.com$88
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 February 2020

Centrality located, subway very close by (just across the street).

Your first meet at the door by a door person, then meet by a person who watched our bags and eventually had them brought our bags to our room after we checked in. The check in desk was on a higher floor away from the busy lobby.

After checking in and going to the room our bags were promptly brought to our room. I was amazed at the spaciousness of the room. I have stayed at the Waldorf in NYC and the room I had was nowhere close to being as big.

The bathroom was big with a full set of toiletry. I can't say how much I appreciated the hot water in the shower, since we had just arrived from HK where the shower was right above the toilet

Overall it was a pleasure to have stayed at this hotel. Would stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank Nomad47932189593
Reviewed 31 October 2019

This was the first time I stay in this hotel, but I've been there many times. The hotel is old but clean, and the best part of it is the location. It is located in the center of Dongqu, or the eastern district, so it's very easy to get around the city, and the metro station is only steps away. Lots of nice restaurants, shops and even a famous night club are around. The staff is friendly and helpful. I stayed in the room and smelled cigarettes, so I called the front desk and ask for a change. They immediately responded to my request and send a staff to take me to another room. Overall, I'm very pleased with the experience, and would recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank traveler_tp24
Reviewed 19 October 2019 via mobile

Hotel location is not bad, with quite a number of eateries surrounding.
Room wise, pretty much rundown for the price paid. It is spacious. The door seriously needed a fix - dragging sound between door and floor/carpet.

Sofa needs to be replaced. Very worn out. Aircon cannot be adjusted either high or Low, switched off, the room remain damn cold. No extra pillow or blanket in the wardrobe.
Found ‘bathroom’ insects, in the toilet and room. Quite disturbing.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank joo580
Reviewed 29 September 2019

Bed is big and comfortable, staff is friendly, but the hotel definitely needs refurbishment. The rate was good for what I got. However they need to move up, since the offer of good hotels in Taipei is quite big.

Date of stay: October 2018
2  Thank Fabrizio P
Reviewed 10 September 2019

From the main street the hotel isn't very impressive looking, apart from the display of string lights which catches the eye when out for a stroll in the evening. The main lobby is located on the 4th floor with a large buddha looking statue which I was told represents the BOSS of the hotel. Good sense of humour from the reception desk staff. The breakfast / restaurant is located on the 1st floor and very well presented.
As far as breakfast goes, the catering buffet style was more Asian than for Europeans. The staff were very curteous and friendy, but their inability to speak English was sadly lacking. In spite of the language barrier we could not fault the staff at every level. Yes, we (my wife and I) would certainly recommend this hotel to those wishing to holiday or brief interlude in Taipei.

Room tip: Corner suites would be best, and rather private.
Date of stay: July 2019