2,021 results
All reviews horizon club rooftop pool marco polo shang palace horizon floor walk in closet shopping mall food court concierge staff grand hyatt business trip executive room excellent hotel night market breakfast buffet favorite hotel luxury hotel
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Had a lovely 7 night stay at the end of October. The staff were lovely and the service was first class. The only down side was the noise of the lift....I could hear it all night. Would stay again, but request a room away from the lift

Room tip: Keep away from the lift
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
SLFEPHOfficial, General Manager at Shangri-La's Far Eastern Plaza Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Dear 805Michelle805,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your staying experience. It was certainly our pleasure to serve you. Regarding the noise from the lift, please may you kindly contact me via email at marcel.holman@shangri-la.com so we can further look into the matter and see how we may better the situation. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 November 2012

Lovely place , prime location for those willing to travel to taiwan. enjoyed a beautifull time in the city with astonishing view of the 101 tower, friendly staff in a country that english is barely spoken
good service as always expected from shangri la and decent rooms,

Date of stay: December 2011
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Our plane was late but the hotel car was waiting with wifi in the car and cold water. We stepped out of the car to a greeting by name with a smile and were escorted for an in-room check in with a surprise upgrade to a lovely suite. Turned the TV on to find another greeting by name. Fresh fruit, ice, plenty of drinking water, turn down service, Occitane soaps, shampoo, and lotion. Quibble that spa hours were shorter than we would have hoped.

Room tip: High floor on 101 side was a lovely view.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SLFEPHOfficial, General Manager at Shangri-La's Far Eastern Plaza Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

Dear jimatmutianyu,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It is our pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay and liked the in-room amenities. The Horizon Spa's last treatment booking time is 8:30pm; however, if you have special requests of a later reservation in the future, you may let us know in advance and we may see what we may do to help arrange. We look forward to welcoming you back again and hopefully you will have a chance to try our spa treatments during your next visit.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Can only recommend the Shangri-La in Taipei as the rooms are really good and the service is outstanding and very friendly. Around the hotel (all in walking distance of a few minutes) there are plenty of restaurants for all tastes and below the hotel there is a shopping mall with supermarket. I used to stay at the Grand Hyatt next to Taipei 101 but will in future rather stay in Shangri-La (although the Hyatt is also a great place).

Date of stay: November 2012
1  Thank PlanetEarthTraveller
Reviewed 2 November 2012

If I can convince the company! which shouldn't be too difficult.

Usually stay at the Grand Hyatt Hotel next to Taipei 101,However it was fully booked, so the company agent suggested this one, but they were nervous as it was a lot less than the usual price we pay at the Hyatt.

They should not have worried, I did know the name of the chain, so wasn't too worried, but was confused by the price difference. I should not have worried. Absolutely FIRST RATE from the moment I walked through the door. I was lucky to be collected from the airport by a business contact, straightaway he told me I was on to a better deal.

Then when I registered I was informed I had been upgraded, which meant I had complimentary access to the Horizon Lounge, which is a great place to base yourself for impromptu meetings or just to unwind of a drink in the early evening. Imagine the Staff and welcome in the Best Airline Lounge you have ever visited then take it up a few notches. The views out over the City were as good as you good get given the rain an the mist during my visit.

The Room turned out to be a mini suite.With a Bathroom to die for, I showed over Skype to my Girlfriend and she wanted to jump on the next flight out. Large bath with a view of Taipei 101, if I got bored of that, there was a television in the bathroom as well.

On that subject the only downside to the room at all was it was limited AV wise the Television in the Bedroom was small and quite dated and the one thing the Hyatt has is a better range of International and Engliush speaking channels to select from.

All that aside this hotel is now on my 'must return to' list.

Used Room Service quite a lot during my 5 nights as I do not enjoy eating on my own, it becomes more of a function than a nice experience. That and the fact I was taken out for banquet meals most days by the suppliers & people I was visiting/meeting So it was really nice to find exceptionally happy and welcoming room service staff who ensured that the food was served when it was promised and the wine was perfectly chilled.

Overall this was a first rate stay and I will be telling both my colleagues and the agent we use, to book us in here more often.

Room tip: Try and get one of the upgraded business rooms, mine was on the 16th Floor so you don't have to be at the top to get a fabulous room with a great view and all the perks. If you are on business for any period of time, Access to the Horizon Lounge is a MUST
Date of stay: October 2012
1  Thank Monkman4
SLFEPHOfficial, General Manager at Shangri-La's Far Eastern Plaza Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear Monkman4 ,

Greetings from Shangri-La's Far Eastern Plaza Hotel, Taipei! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to hear that you had an enchanting stay with us, and excited to learn that we are now your first choice in Taipei and are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards,