1,716 results
All reviews metro room train station high speed roof garden underground access excellent location convenient location main station lots of shops basement level large bathroom hotel lobby shopping mall choose this hotel taoyuan airport noodles checkers
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Located across Taipei Main Station TMS. TMS essentially connects you to all of Taiwan and the hotel is linked directly to the massive underground network of the station. TMS underground is a mini city in itself with food and shopping. The hotel's direct link to TMS also means you can get around quite a bit and yet avoid the rain, which is almost a constant in Taiwan.

Rooms are old but big and comfortable with safety bars in the bathrooms. I'm happy not to be paying for pricier accomodation with frills I don't need. Wide breakfast buffet spread.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Woke up one morning to find a moveable scaffolding platform outside my window and 3 workmen with hard hats drilling away at the outside of the building. Subsequently i found out they are completely remodelling the hotel inside and out. They moved my room but in reality this hotel needed to close for six months while they did the work, or severely reduce the pricing. I was not warned in advance of my stay either.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 25 February 2012

It's all about location and Caesar Park probably has the best location in Taipei because of its proximity to the main metro station and train station. The hotel is a little tired and in need of some sprucing up, however, the rooms are adequate and clean. The hotel staff are friendly and eager to help. I have now stayed at this hotel on 2 separate trips and the next time I travel to Taipei, I will stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2012

The most amazing thing about this airport is that it is conveniently located on top of the main MRT station. It was so easy organizing our itinerary as we found that almost every place we were going to is accessible by train (CKS Memorial, Danshui Market, Shilin Market, Ximending Market, Taipei 101, Sogo Mall, Wufenpu, etc.).There are also many restaurants and malls within walking distance-- Uniqlo, Muji, an electronics building and the 13 floors of the Mitsukoshi Department store. For those who'd like to try the famous Taiwanese street food, you don't even need to get far to find them. There are a great many food stalls behind the hotel and they're all a must try!

We stayed in a family room on the 14th floor. It was great value for money and found the service very good and the staff at the front desk quite competent in English. One tiny glitch is that on our second day, the air conditioner broke down and the crew had to install a cooling fan inside the room. They offered to relocate us but my family didn't want to go through the hassle of moving our luggage. It was quite a bummer it had to happen to us but we do understand that the hotel is very old and is going through some renovations.

In spite of that little incident, my family and I would still be very happy to stay in Caesar Park next time get a chance to visit Taipei. The excellent location and the service are enough to compensate for some minor problems with the amenities.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I had a suite on the executive floor (8F)- free Wifi and views of the main Train station - big clean room with comfortable bed & large bathroom with separte shower and bath tub facilities. It was $5,500TWD a night incl breakfast. The breakfast spread was fine-wasn't amazing nor was it terrible. The hotel staff were always polite and full of hellos even though like most locals their English language skills are very basic/poor.

The hotel is in a great location and well connected to transport, restaurants etc.

I think it was definitely good value for money and would definitely stay there if i were to return. a good base for exploring.

One gripe- i think one of the guys at the concierge desk was trying to make some extra cash when he quoted $1800 ($1700 if in cash) for a taxi ride to the airport from the hotel. I checked the price at the W hotel and they quoted $1200TWD. The afternoon concierge at Ceasar's said it would be less than $1300TWD. Instead I risked it and hailed a taxi from outside the hotel and he charged $1000TWD and when i gave him a $100TWD tip he was surprised and first refused but I insisted after which he accepted (the ride was $30mins on Sunday at 5pm from the hotel).

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends