Hawker Chan Liao Fan Hong Kong Soya Sauce Chicken Rice & Noodle
Reviewed 26 June 2020

If possible, I would give this place zero star!  This place is a total rip off especially if you order a set for 2 or 3 people!!! We went there the first night, we each ordered a single person set for 2 items that cost around 188 NTS,  we paid a total of 564NTS for 3 people and it was ok, so the next day we went again and ordered a 3 persons set for 769NTS with half a chicken and roast pork, plus soup, rice, tofu, egg and 2 different vegetables. What we ended up getting is much less than 3 single person set,  See pics attached, The amount of vegetable for 3 persons is like maybe a little more than the one person portion, the so called half a chicken is a small chicken without tight!  You can compare the picture I posted of the one person set from their menu and the 3 persons set I took photo of,   we paid 205 more and ended up with less food. And because it is not enough food, we also made the mistake to order an extra roast pork which cost 195, so we ended up paying almost 1000 for the food in the pic plus a side dish. we travel extensively, and we have never seen any restaurant where you pay more money and get less food, is this not a rip off? shame on Hawker chan ! I do not know why this is even a Michelin star restaurant, you can get better HK style chicken and roast pork in Cafe de coral Hong Kong and not get ripped off.

Date of visit: June 2020
Write a reviewReviews (85)

Reviewed 27 December 2019 via mobile

Because of that Michelin star my expectations were skyhigh.. and I was disappointed ! No way this guy deserves such an honor for his street food - which is not bad , but just doesn't live up to the usual Michelin standards...!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 8 June 2019 via mobile

Well where can you get this price for Michelin . Freshly prepared chicken & pork char siaw with soy sauce. Well balanced sweet & saltiness.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed 18 May 2019 via mobile

Their bbq pork is a must try different from the other ones we've tried. They have meals or a la carte depending on your preference, can be with rice or noodles. Price is pretty affordable ranging from 150-250 NTD.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed 11 May 2019 via mobile

I was perusing the different foodstalls in the basement of Taipei 101 when I was attracted to the photos of plump juicy chicken in the Hawker Chan stall. I had to choose from photos either set A or B. It did not disappoint as I ordered the soy chicken with noodles and veggies for TWD 180. It was tender, moist and yummy. I went back a second time and had a good meal again.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank QuezonCityRose

Travellers who viewed Hawker Chan Liao Fan Hong Kong Soya Sauce Chicken Rice & Noodle also viewed

Zhongzheng District, Taipei

Zhongzheng District, Taipei

Been to Hawker Chan Liao Fan Hong Kong Soya Sauce Chicken Rice & Noodle? Share your experiences!