All reviewscommunal fridgefamily martfree laundryhand written cardweighing machinecoffee machinethe hotel staffconvenience storestaff on dutyconvenient locationtaipei stationunderground mallstar serviceexcellent locationwould highly recommend this hotelstayed nightswalking distance
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Stayed 3 nights while visiting friends. Got a room on the 7th floor, facing the side alley.

The room was rather small, but well designed, clean and comfortable. Good shower, bathroom and toilet. Free snacks (2 packs), bottled water, tea and coffee in the room. Refilled daily.

Powerful but silent aircon.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

The location is really excellent, a few meters away from Taipei main station, the main bus stop and 3 MRT lines, it is surrounded by restaurants and shops.

There are two significant downsides to this hotel:

1. Sound proofing of walls is poor - you could clearly hear everything being said in the next room. You could clearly hear if someone took a shower or flashed the toilet. It didn't bother me too much, but might bother you;

2. Roughly 1/3 of the rooms have no window. And while the view from my window was just a narrow alley and the building on the other side, it was nice to have a little sunshine.

I will certainly return there on my next trip to Taipei.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has a window.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank sermann
michellelu, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I and taking your time to share your recent experience with us. We appreciate the feedback , that will be reviewed and shared with the team. Your support is the motivation for us to continue trying to be the best every day.
We are trying everything we can to improve the quality of sound proof, we hope the next time when you stay at Cityinn Hotel we can see the change in us.
Thank you once again for your kind compliments, we look forward to more of your valuable comments and visits in the future.

Michelle Lu
新驛旅店 - 台北車站一館

Reviewed 12 May 2012

I stayed 4 nights in this hotel. Room is just nice for a couple. Bathroom is cleaned and modern. Hotel comes with free laundry machine and dryer at 2nd floor. Staff are friendly and helpful. Close to Taipei Main Station and shopping district, restuarants and local food are easily find, very convenience. MRT, Trains and HSR are within minutes of walks. Easily connect to other parts of Taipei City by MRT and County Taipei by bus area likes, Jiufen, Yehliu. etc...
The only disappointment is that the sound proof of the room, noise can be hear from the corridor and the other room.

Room Tip: Ask a bigger room same type if you got small one...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Warmest greetings from CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I ! Thank you for taking your precious time to share your experience with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with our personalized customer service.

呂佩真Michelle Lu
新驛旅店 - 台北車站一館
CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I

Reviewed 24 April 2012

This place is close to the Taipei Main Station and shopping district! It is so convenient to find food and entertaining within few blocks. When we reached, we just dump our bags and went hunting for food!

The hotel room is not too big, not too small, just nice. It is clean and modern, equipped with TV, refrigerator, toilet amenities and small open wardrobe. Water bottle and some snacks like potato chips are supplied daily, which is a surprise for us. We didn't expect the hotel to be so generous. One con is that the refrigerator never function well, it was not cold at all. We have to use the Fridge at Level 2. Level 2 is a breakout area for the staff and some tourist waiting for their laundry. Yes, there are washing machine and dryer which is a good thing as we didn't bring a lot of clothes.

The hotel staffs are very polite and caring. Every time when we leave the key to them, they will inform us that room will be clean or if they can clean the room. They even gave us a small treat (a piece of cake and a goodbye card) on our last day. Loved the cake!

Overall the hotel is great, just that I was awake by the rude and noisy tourist next door on our departing day with their too exciting giggling and laughing and talking at 6 AM! The sound proof can be better in my opinion.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lexyx
michellelu, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Warmest greetings from Cityinn Hotel 1 Taipei Main Station! Thank you for taking your time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. Your comments will be shared with our staffs.
In regards to the refrigerator, we did fix when you tell us. We truly apologize for the inconvenience.
We continuously strive to improve upon our sound proof, so we hope that on your next stay with us, you may see the improvements we have made.

Sincerely we look forward to serving you again soon.

Michelle Lu
Cityinn Hotel 1 Taipei Main Station

Reviewed 13 February 2012

A satisfactory budget stay. Room is definitely small, typical of hotels in main city. But it is clean and modern. We stayed for one night to catch the train to Hualian the next morning. For a family group of 8 with 2 elder members and 2 young children, it was still walkable to the Taipei Main Station in light drizzle. The only disappointment is there is no breakfast included in the price.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank eaglet024
ChiayiHsu, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Dear Guest:
Thank you very much for choosing CityInn Hotel 1.
It is our pleasure to receive your satisfaction on stays with us.

Should you have any questions, suggestions, and concern toward CityInn Hotel 1 and Taipei Inns Group, please feel free to contact us anytime.
We are looking forward to serve you again.

Yours Sincerely,

Awabi Yoo

Reviewed 9 February 2012

I stayed at CityInn 1 during my first visit to Taipei. I made my room reservation at their website ( www.cityinn.com.tw ), you can choose to stay either in their Standard Room ( One queen size bed ) or Twin Sharing Room ( Two Single Beds ). I personally felt that the queen bed is a bit too small for 2 adults, unless of course you are on a honey moon. Deposit can be paid with credit card, however, you have to be registered as a member first before you can proceed with making a room reservation.
CityInn 1 is the oldest branch among the chains of CityInn Hotel in Taipei. However, the interiors and furnishings of the hotel is still relatively new, my room is very clean, and staff are efficient and polite. Above all, it is situated at a very good location. ( 5 mins walk to Taipei Main Station ) I would strongly recommend this to anyone who are searching for a convenient and yet affordable hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Guava99
ChiayiHsu, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Dear Guest:
Thank you very much for choosing CityInn Hotel 1.
It is our pleasure to receive your satisfaction on stays with us.
We are looking forward to serve you again.

Yours Sincerely,