We stayed here for a week over New Year/ January. Everyone at Padre Burgos Castle made us feel very welcome. The food was amazing (thanks Delia!) and always overcatered to what we could eat! The location is just stunning - at the end of the peninsual, with it's own private beach - unfortunately when we were there, it was a bit rainy and the water wasn't very clean with some lice as well. However the Castle has a pool which is nice and clean :)
The girls at the Castle really made our stay - Chris and Diana were so friendly, helpful and fun!
There are a range of services that the Castle can arrange for you - massages, day trips around Leyte, kayaking, but the best trip is the private Whale Shark expedition. We braved the elements to travel across Sogod bay (1.5 hours) on a little outrigger, met up with our spotters and managed to find 4 whale sharks to swim with! And on that day, we were the only ones out there - magical! We were cooked up a lovely beachside lunch, then headed over to Limsawa Island for a quick tour and snorkel to finish the day off. A highly recommended tour!
The hotel is very small, with about 5 rooms, so is very intimate. It's quite pricy for the Philippines, with a fair price hike added on to every service offered, but they're aiming at the 5 star upper class market. While it is a stunning location and place to stay, it feels somewhat out of place in the region (which has pretty much no tourists at all - mainly divers).
If you're looking for a place to relax on the beach, kayak and snorkel (particularly with whale sharks!) with family or a group of friends then this is the place for you. If you're a diver, I would suggest staying at a dive shop, as we didn't have enough time to enjoy the facilities at the Castle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic family-run boutique hotel and PADI dive resort, with luxurious facilities and a friendly and intimate atmosphere. Superb location with great private beach, beautiful corals and stunning sea views. All guest rooms beautifully furnished and decorated, with air-conditioning and en-suite bathrooms. Guided scuba diving, snorkeling, swimming with whale sharks, dolphin watching, island hopping, sailing, kayaking,swimming pool, private beach, free Wi-Fi, bar and fine-dining restaurant. Local activities include land tours, caving, waterfalls, wild monkeys and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Padre Burgos Castle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Padre Burgos Castle Hotel Padre Burgos
- Padre Burgos Castle Resort Southern Leyte Province, Leyte Island