All reviewslarge and comfy bedipod dockmetro stationnice hotelbreakfast buffetbusiness districtwater pressuregreat roomupon checkconvenience storebudget hotelbathtubtvsofahbowardrobent
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel is in a convenient location (close to various shops and the MRT system), the staff are friendly and the rooms are nice. Great for the price if you get a deal through the various booking websites.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Spacious room for my teens and me during a short stay in Taipei. Location wise, not right in town centre but easily accessible - just a few minutes' walking distance to the metro station. By cab, it's NT$160-180 to Taipei Station. Brown's cafe and pharmacy just a few steps away and 7-11 convenience store just next door. We stayed in a triple room, well maintained and equipped with fridge, water boiler, tea/coffee mix, wardrobe, toiletries, slippers that's necessary for a comfy stay. Steady WiFi throughout our stay. Air-con unit quiet hence good sleep quality. International TV channels such as Star movies, HBO and AXN available. Bathroom was big with steady supply of hot water for both shower and bathtub. Highlight was the TV at the bath tub - looks luxurious. Good sound-proofing as a family with baby was next to us but we heard nothing. Nice food for breakfast though not a wide selection. We stayed at 3/F so no great views outside the window - just flyover and the old buildings.

We met tourists from Philippines, Pakistan, Indonesia and Japanese. Receptionists are courteous and able to speak in English and Japanese. We were unable to open our suitcase as the combination lock was out of order. One male staff tried his best to help and sought the assistance of another to interpret the Japanese manual. However, the response was "I am very tired". Luckily, the problem was finally resolved.

Other added-on convenience at a price. DIY laundry facilities at 2/F though quite pricey (NT$150 for each washing and drying cycle). Same for portable wifi.

For those looking for a quiet and comfy stay, away from the crowd in downtown, this appears to be a good choice.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Bunnysnaky
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Stayed 2 nights for business. Booked Executive Double room - large size, very large and comfy bed. Well equipped room with good Wi-Fi. Bathroom very large with bath tub and TV in bathroom, separate large shower with very good water pressure. Breakfast buffet was OK - lot of vegetarian options. Front desk service friendly, efficient and helpful. Value for money is very good. Liked to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2017

The room was great, very well equipped, comfortable and impeccably clean.
Location was not that great, but not far from a subway station, which is very useful. Breakfast was nice with a small outdoor garden that was very pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

The room was cheap around usd 60, but it was extremely old compared to the photos listed. The single economy rooms are situated in the back staircase which is very awkward and seems like a part of a storage room. It made me feel very uncomfortable, girl, traveling solo. There was no window, the interiors were very old and you can see the wooden cabinets used and worn out, scratched. The bedsheets had a blue spot on it and did not seem clean. I don't know if the other rooms are like this... didn't take pics because I didn't want to capture anything I'm not supposed to in my photos.... I regret not just going to a teen / backpacker hostel. There are many choices in Taipei and I would recommend elsewhere. I seriously do not understand how they managed to get so many ratings on booking.com, etc...

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo