All reviews bit dated lobby bar running around outdoor pool is business trip extra pillows rooms were very clean nice hotel to stay extremely friendly staff first floor breakfast is served the breakfast area front desk staff hotel is situated buffet style fruit basket breakfast spread was good
Reviewed 8 July 2018

The hotel is situated in the Taiwan Bullevard of Taichung, which is very convenient for most travelers coming either by the bus, HSR or the railway. Also, the hotel provides ample parking spaces, so it is great to drive by yourself. The breakfast area is under renovation hence the environment is no in tip-top condition. The hotel also offers sauna for free, have to try it if you have time.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2018

Our first stay at this hotel did not disappoint. It is well located with several restaurants in the vicinity if you don't wish to eat in the hotel every night. The staff are delightful. The hotel and room are very clean with good bathroom facilities. My room was about 315 sq ft with a 6 ft comfortable bed and pillows. There was a large wardrobe ideal for extended stay + sufficient drawer space. Housecoats are provided. Sufficient power sockets with 2 international sockets. Work desk and chair and Free WiFi. Adequate breakfast of good quality.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2018

I have been staying here regularly over the past ten years. The rooms are good. The service is excellent. The only bother is that the breakfast has been shrinking over the years. Very little to offer for vegetarians. A renovation of the exterior is ongoing on so be prepared for some tapping during the day.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel where I attended a college reunion party. The hotel is nice and clean, staffs are courteous and efficient. We were greeted by a little cute fruit basket. The room is spacious, bathroom is clean. The reunion lunch was in a private room with a private bathroom. We also had private servers who served the 10 courses Chinese banquet throughout the entire lunch. My wife and I also had a dinner in the hotel restaurant with another group of friends. I was impressed that the entire restaurant was packed with local customers, non-hotel guests. It say a lot, because my experience in traveling, hotel restaurant is usually for hotel guests who don’t know where to find good foods. Again, the food and service were great. The next morning we had our breakfast in the hotel , the breakfast is included . Basically they provided good verieties of Chinese style breakfast. The western style breakfast was acceptable, although they had a stand that makes fresh pancake on the spot got you. Overall, we had a very good experience during our stay. I would stay there again next time. The only little complaint I have is they are very strict in letting you check in befote 3 pm. It is rather inconvenient for many travellers who can not control traveling time due to transportation issues. I guess it is a common practice in hotels in Taiwan. Because I had experience in other hotels in Taiwan, the entire large hotel was apparently empty, yet, they still told me the room was not ready until 3 pm. We had to sit around the lobby and wait.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Although a bit dated property, this hotel certainly does not disappoint travelers who'd enjoy first class hospitality from the Evergreen conglomerate group.

We had two rooms, one spacious suite with separate living room, plus a two doubles room. The A/C was cold which relaxes you right away when walking in from 35C hot humid weather outside. Rooms are thoroughly cleaned for the 4x nights we're there.

The lobby & downstairs provides fun & games for families with small children. Breakfast restaurant is packed on weekends with not only hotel guests and also locals; which they also opened up another meeting room upstairs to provide additional tables seating.

Location is quite convenient with many international restaurants right across the street.

I would definitely stay in this property again next visit in Taichung.

Room Tip: Suite with separate living room is very spacious for family stay
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family