“People said it’s worth the hike”

Elephant Mountain (aka Nangang District Hiking Trail)
Book In Advance
More Info
US$ 50.00*
and up
Taipei in Motion: City Day Tour by Bike, Metro...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

So we hiked it up, it was super exhausting, but then I am not very athletic. It was a cloudy day, and hazy (?). We climbed up to watch the sunset. No sunset can be seen View at the maokong mountain and yangminshan are so much better. After the hike, we cancelled our plan for the Taupei 101 observatory bcs it’s gonna be the same hazy cloudy view. Just our luck there

All reviews
in 44 reviews
"watch the sunset"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018

A great short hike (well mostly walking up stairs) with beautiful views of the city. Many points along the way to stop and catch your breath or take a picture.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

The hike is rewarding on all of its stages. The hikers are rewarded with the view all the way. We walked all the way to the top and our legs were shaky at the end. But it was totally worth it! Beautiful views over the Taipei and 101 building in all of its beauty.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Its very nice trekking. Must go there. U can see a very nice view of Taipei 101 from there.
Lights are there upto elephant mountain so u can spend time in night there. Bring water and foods. U can go further its so nice. U can spent whole day in the hills.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I was not sure I wanted to go on this hike since I don't normally like hiking. I went up with slippers since I tortured my feet in some new shoes. The hike up was not as bad as I thought it would be. The views from the top were spectacular. Although I probably grumbled on the way us to my son, I enjoyed it a lot. Beautiful view of the city and Taipei 101. Then it was a nice walk to Taipei 101 where we went to the top to see where we hiked to. Bring water! And a lunch if you want to have a picnic there.

1  Thank TWongAiea