See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I have stayed at this hotel every trip for the last nine years , unbeatable value for money the staff are very friendly and efficient with good English . Buffet breakfast is good but mostly taiwanese food but there is bacon and eggs available. The hotel does a pick up and drop off service to airport . There is a lot to see and do around the hotel, situated near ximen mrt exit one is the red theatre and around the back is gay bars this is a friendly and completely safe area to walk around in even late at night . This hotel is perfectly situated to cater for any type of visitor to this exciting vibrant and lively city

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Wilmac82
Reviewed 19 April 2011

The hotel is located between Ximen and Longshan MRT stations and about a ten minutes walkway to each of them. Several busses in front of the hotel connect with many MRT stations as well as the Taipei Main Train station. Reception staff is friendly, internet is complementary. We had a room on the 11th floor which was newly decorated and came with a nice view over the neighborhood.

Room Tip: Higher floor offers nice views
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2011

I booked this hotel through an online booking site and it had relatively good reviews. Bear in mind that $60-80 US a night is really a strange price point. You are bound to be disappointed because while the rooms and hotels are usually quite nicer than a dorm hostel, these hotels are generally also-rans that have seen better days.
My biggest complaint with the Ferrary was that when I checked in they pointed to a sign on the desk saying that they are doing construction on the 11th floor for the next month or so, but only during the hours of 9 am to 6 pm. I booked my room for a two night stay but I was concerned that the noise may be a problem so I asked the desk if I could cancel my second night if it was too noisy. They told me to try it and see (and of course, they took both night's payment in advance). Now came problem number two. The room they gave me was very smelly. This has been a common problem in these hotels. This was my second hotel in two nights. This room, although stated to be non-smoking, was clearly smoked in for a very long time. The room was dark, moist, and quite out-dated. But the bed was comfortable and the sheets were very soft.
Come the next day, the noise was uncomfortably loud. I told the desk and they moved me to a brighter room on the 3rd floor but the noise was a deep pounding that was not nice. I decided to leave the hotel. It took a bit of voice raising on my part to get my money back but they did relent and finally returned my second night's fee. This led me to the Royal Castle Hotel nearby. Read my review.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Benji W
Reviewed 16 November 2010

Ferrary hotel is situated 10-15 mins away from ximending station. My fiance and i went to taiwan for the total of 9days, and we spent our last 3 nights in this hotel. We were given a choice to choose 3 types of room, a small, medium and a big sized room, we chose the biggest and it only cost us TWD2300. We came to stay in these hotel all of the hotel were fully occupied due to the floral exposition opening ceremony and we were wondering around at taipei main station's information center for hotel rooms. We were creep out a lil at first, but after all the 3 nights of our stay were pleasant. My fiance love the bed, its kinda hard for him to get up in the morning for our sight seeing. Breakfast was not bad too.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cheeky-cheezey
Reviewed 21 May 2010

Hotel is located some 15 minutes walk from Ximen station, not exactly easy to locate. My room smell of stale cigarette smell. This is a love hotel which air adult movie which might not be suitable for family with young children. I stay here one night and had moved to Neijiang Hotel which is surely better in terms of value and location from MRT station. It offer free internet which I like though.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple