Inn by the Village
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ying Lun Hotel(Taitung City)
View Hotel
Tuna Family Hotel(Taitung City)
  • Free Internet
Jin Lon Hotel(Taitung City)
LenYa Hotel(Taitung City)
Jin'an Motel(Taitung City)
View Hotel
Jin Huei Hotel(Taitung City)
View Hotel
Happy Inn Taitung(Taitung City)
Yes Hotel(Taitung City)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsfree shuttle servicestinky tofufamily martwithin walking distancebreakfast buffettrain stationnight marketbathtubgymbasementconveniencecurtainseateriesfoodsmountainsbikefacilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was there for the recent Ironman 70.3 Taitung race. The hotel was all set up for it and had converted the basement carpark for bike storage and assembly & disassembly. Race shuttle bus also serviced this location. Breakfast spread was good, and opened at 2:30am on race day. Talk about support!

Room was cheery and brightly lit, but WiFi was disappointing.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
subwrx70, 銷售總監 at Inn by the Village, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We will keep improve all aspects,
Include the WIFI connection you mentioned,

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel was very simple, business style hotel. Very clean rooms and spacious! The rooms are very quite we slept very well here! Nice view of the mountains and the city.

There is laundry machines and dryers you can use for 30NT$ per use.

The hotel is walking distance to department stores, cinema, shopping, night markets and parks.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
subwrx70, 銷售總監 at Inn by the Village, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Reviewed 28 December 2017

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Inn by the Village.
Positive:
Staff. They were very professional.
Room: It was very clean, and spacious.There was a comfortable king size bed, and the curtains did a good job of blocking any outside light.There was also free bottled water, and other free items, such as tea, and razor/comb/toothbrush/toothpaste.
Breakfast Buffet: Although I didn't like all the offerings, including the coffee, the food was generally fine, and the restaurant environment was quite nice. The workers there were professional and attentive to the customers.
Cleaning staff: Friendly and professional.
Location: Very good location. Several convenience stores you can easily walk to, and even though I did not borrow one, I noticed the hotel had several bikes outside, which I believe may be available to the guests.
Negative:
Inside parking lot: The parking lot inside the hotel. The spaces available for each car makes it impossible for a person to open the back doors, or the trunk when the car is backed into a space. If I would have driven straight into an available spot, I would not have been able to open the front doors and get out. Also, once when I was exiting my car, I hit my head on a hanging metal item attached to the car lift. I suggest using the free outside parking lot, which I didn't know was part of the hotel when I first checked in.
Lack of bilingual signs: I would suggest the hotel add English words to their signs throughout the hotel. (The restaurant has English written on the items it serves, which is really helpful). Also, the hotel gives a free daily newspaper, but only Chinese language is available.
The shower door did not keep water in the shower area. Thus, after taking a shower, I noticed a fair amount of water had come out from the bottom of the door, and wet the floor outside the shower room.
Noise: Although I found my room to be generally quiet, I could hear at times people in other rooms, such as talking and a baby crying.

Room Tip: I can only speak about my room, which was quite good.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
GMOperation, 銷售總監 at Inn by the Village, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed here because friend found good price on AGODA.
The room is bigger than I expected, and it is very clean.
The only down side would be the breakfast. Cafe is clean and big, very comfortable to have morning coffee in there. But not many choices at the buffet breakfast. I would like to have more choice for buns and hot foods.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
subwrx70, 銷售總監 at Inn by the Village, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights in December, arriving by train from Kaohsiung.

Hotel is about a 10 minute taxi ride, approximately $250.

Check in, as normal, is 3pm and not before. However they will look after your luggage and there is free coffee and juice on the 2nd floor after 2pm.
Check in is quick and easy.

We had room 720 with a king size bed. Nice view to the sea on one side and mountains to the other with housing in between.

Room is just ok size but the air conditioning struggles to keep the room cool.

Breakfast is as people have mentioned. A little on the sparse side but enough.

Located on one of Taitung’s main streets there are plenty of convenience stores and eateries nearby. The hotel also has free bike hire and there is a 20km bike track around Taitung which is worth doing. Keeps you safe from the traffic.

The tourist information centre and bus depot is a short walk away.

We had dinner one night at the hotel restaurant, Jenny’s. Excellent meal. Catered for my vegetarian wife and I had the hamburger which was huge.

Overall not a bad spot to stay.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple