Lowest prices for your stay
US$ 108
SAVE US$ 24
Expedia.comUS$ 93
eDreamsUS$ 108
TravelocityUS$ 93
All reviews night market smokey joe two nights kenting national park asian taiwan
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 January 2020 via mobile

Our two nights stay was awesome! My family has been going to this hotel, even before it changed management/name. (It used be called Smokey Joe Hotel.) Overall, the place was excellent. Front desk persons were very friendly.

My only complaint was the breakfast. There are only a few choices, whether Asian, Western, or Chinese meals. I felt like they only attached breakfast so that they could post that there is free breakfast. I tried four different entrees, and they all tasted awful. It looks like they do not have a chef, just someone throwing up some meals out of obligation. My suggestion is stay away from he breakfast. It is not worth it. You are better off going to a fast food restaurant nearby.

Having said this, I still would come back and enjoy the hospitality of the place. Also, the beach right across the parking lot was gorgeous. Check out my attached photo

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank david2020illinois
Reviewed 15 December 2019

Good hotel with comfortable and clean rooms

Very good location, just in front of the night market with nice views from the room balcony of the Kenting National Park and night market

Breakfast was good

Rooms are spacious and with all modern amenities

Good option for value for money stay

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 21 September 2019

My second time staying with this hotel chain and I am still impressed with the room. The room was designed like a beachfront hotel room with a balcony, even if we were on the second floor. Very clean bedroom and bathroom. The shower gel and shampoo were of good quality and I bought a bottle back from the shop beside the counter. Fully equipped room with all the necessary facilities and it was cosy for my family.

Location was perfect! It is a 5-8min walk to the beach from the back gate. The night market is right at the front of the hotel, which has a small man-made sandy beach set-up. So getting local street food is just a stone throw away, very convenient.

Another thing to praise is the breakfast - mains we get to select from a menu and the other items we just pick from the buffet area. I am amazed by how delicious the main item was! So were the other food items. But not that if you have a big group, it is better to go earlier as it can get quite crowded.

Would love to stay here again next time!

Date of stay: February 2019
Reviewed 10 July 2019 via mobile

Got off our tour transport and was greeted by a buzzing area, great stuff! The area is buzzing with street food, seafood, cocktails, dried fruit, local food, deserts, freshly squeezed juice, massage services etc!
Hotel was like a boutique style! Colourful, modern, funky with delicious breakfast! Each room has its own design! It was a shame we didn’t have time to try out the pool! Staff were polite!
In short, highly recommended and it exceeded our expectations!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank 810astm
Reviewed 4 July 2019

The hotel's location is superb. There is a bus stop right in front of the hotel but some express buses may not stop there so it is better to get off/on the bus at "Kenting Arch" stop which is about 3-5 minutes walk from the hotel. The night market is just a step from the hotel's entrance. The room was spacious, modern, clean and very comfortable. There are drinks provided for free in the fridge. The hotel's ambience was very lovely:modern with a lot of greens. The hotel is not on the beach but some of the rooms offer ocean view from the distance including ours.

The breakfast was served at 8AM which is quite late. You can pick one (either hot or cold) main dish from 5 of them with all-you-can-eat salad bar, etc. Indeed salad bar has plenty enough varieties that the main dish is kind of redundant. I even had a beef noodle in the morning! I saw some people asked the hotel to pack their cold main dish for to-go and only eat salad bar instead so I did the same the next morning since I had to take the bus leaving at around 8.40AM and have no time to enjoy full breakfast.

The only negative thing I can think of the hotel is that there is not enough space to hang wet clothes. Given that the hotel is a resort hotel with a pool, they should provide at least a fold-away hanger rack in room. Since I was staying in the cheapest room without balcony, it was difficult to find any space to hang our wet swim wears though.

In total, Kenting is a wonderful place and the hotel is worth the money spent. Will definitely return! Hopefully for a longer stay:-)

Date of stay: April 2019