FindHotel
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 March 2016

My friends and I had booked two rooms. Three of us stayed in a room on the lower floor where we could walk straight out to the beach and we had a patio table with chairs just outside our door which was nice. Two of our friends stayed in a room on the second level. This hotel was nothing particularly fancy nor luxurious but it had some interesting decor which I appreciated and had a really good sized bathroom and shower which was very pleasant to use. Plus we could sit outside our hotel room and see the beach which was just a minute walk away. Our friends on the second level had a cockroach in their room however. It wasn't a great experience for them.
This hotel has some interesting character in its design but overall it's just an average hotel but in a good location close to the beach and shops in Kenting.

Room tip: Get a room on the first floor facing the beach.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Jamesehd
Reviewed 12 October 2014

The shower drain was broken. There was only one towel provided and it was so old and tattered. The pillows are really uncomfortable as is the bed. There is a hole in the middle of the floor that has stones in it that I think they think is a designer thing but in reality it's the stupidest thing possible and gets in the way. The AC didn't work properly and when we asked about it their explanation about why it wasn't working properly was ridiculous. The wifi was patchy.

The hotel staff are quite nice people. And the view from a 3rd floor ocean view room can't be beat.

BUT....NT5200 on a Saturday night?!?!?

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobB4
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed here recently in August 2014. My comments:
Negatives: Ants in the room! Plenty!

We were told not to throw toilet papers into the toilet as it might black the pipes - pretty ridiculous.

After showers eve using the shower curtain the floor inside the bathroom gets wet everywhere. It is the way they have designed the bathroom. The curtain was too short to block water out

electricity went out for a while. They fixed it very quickly using a hard piece of card paper to insert into the electric socket close to the door....very shabby

Room tip: higher floors seems better
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I was so unfortunate that the biggest typhoon in history approached kenting while I planned to stay in this hotel .
I called the hotel
They refused to cancel nor postpone my stay
So I had to go because I paid in full.

The hotel people were very unfriendly that all our requests were being rejected
There was no vending machine nor restaurant inside the hotel, the shops were all closed because of the typhoon
We were hungry in our rooms with no assistance from the hotel management
In such circumstances, They could at least sell us a few instant noodle

When we left, they did not help in getting a taxi for us
We had to walk 15 mins with our luggage to go to the Main Street for cab

The management needs some customer training
My feeling was, they were unhelpful in very aspects and I will definitely not recommending anyone to book this place
It absolutely ruined my first impression of staying in a minsu in Taiwan.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Yip522
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Never Never Never I had so much troubles in my life like this place. Police was involve too because the owner trick me and stolen 3000 NTD. I pay and they didn't write the Tax Invoice so I called the Police. When the Police arrive he and the sister was happy to giving back 2500 NTD and they said was nothing true. When i told them i was calling the Taxation officer too the owner wrote me the tax invoice with the date before. I took some pictures and movies about that and I already sent everything to the Taxation Office and Advice what going on there. The taxation Officer was very gentle and was so sorry for what happen in Taiwan. The Tax Department are very Strictly, so they will put under control the Hotel, specially in High season.

Also, the first night the bath room was dirty and stinky of vomit. They change the room and gave me a new one. They ask me to pay 20$ for cleaning the room someone vomit inside the bath top the day before. NO COMMENT!!!

Wifi was no Working and the A/C broken up in the middle of the night.

I complain about and he want give me back half money and kick me out.

No breakfast.

The view was great but the room are very old and the water is cold.

I changed hotel and I went to Smoke's Joe , just 2 minutes walk from the crap place.
For the same price I had Mega super breakfast, Swimming pool, Wi-Fi ultrafast, clean room and the service was just AMAZING!
Very friendly people and good food, also the view was nice.
So, don't waste your money and specially time on that place, around are plenty of place better and cheaper.

Date of stay: November 2013