All reviews hotel lobby western restaurant shabu shabu hot springs small hill high quality hotel dining experience free mini bar hot spring hotel shuttle bus spent two nights hotpot nearest mrt station hotel management nice hot spring residential area afternoon tea
Reviewed 30 January 2019 via mobile

Had just left Gaia hotel yesterday. Although it was just a two nights stay, but I felt like at home and relax, people are so nice, wonderful food, I love their facilities and enjoy them very much.

I don't expect much before the stay, but all Gaia staffs really done a good job, thank you. Highly recommended to everyone.

Trip type: Travelled with family
FellowTraveler729957, 業者 at The Gaia Hotel, Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2019

Dear valuable guest Stephen L3:

Thank you choosing The Gaia Hotel to be the destination for your day trip. It’s our great honor to have you with us. We are appreciated for your comments and looking forward to see you again. Happy New year!

Best Regards,

The Gaia Hotel"""

Reviewed 28 January 2019 via mobile

Loved:
Accommodating service
Great, well-trained staff (hardworking!)
Location
Happy hour
Massage was great
Free on demand movies
Yummy treats at room bar
In room hot spring
Amazing bed

Room for improvement:
Forgot our cake
Soft pillows
Forgot to make up the room
Forgot about my spa treatment

We traveled from Hong Kong for a quiet weekend birthday celebration. My husband is American and I speak limited Mandarin.

The hotel is on top of a small hill which is walking distance from Beitou downtown. We took a cab from Taoyuan airport for 1300 NT which took us 45 mins. The hotel is very quaint and homey, and upon entering you’ll be welcomed by staff and a large (cheesy) Chinese dropdown floral decoration (probably for wedding photos). One of the receptionists speaks perfect English and she got assigned to take care of us. My mother in law called ahead to treat me to massage at their spa as a wonderful birthday surprise, and my husband also gave them a heads up that this was a birthday celebration. They said they’ll send us a cake for the occasion and noted when and where to send it to. They also decorated the room with flower petals and cute towel arrangement. However, they ended up forgetting our cake and we didn’t bother to follow up.

We paid for two meals included (breakfast and dinner) for both nights and the dinners were provided at either their Japanese hotpot or Western restaurant. We had dinner at both on separate nights and upgraded our Hot Pot meal and paid the difference. The beef was amazing but we ended struggling to finish the food (coz it also comes with a huge seafood platter). The staff said it would be Italian and my husband got excited a bit. It wasn’t really Italian, more like a fusion type western style place but the food was good. We’d say both meals were pretty good we are glad we paid for the meals. Breakfast was really good as well!

One thing to note we saw the same waiting staff working during the breakfast and late night shifts, and they maintained courteous, accommodating and professional despite working numerous long days!

I’d also like to mention when I went to check into the spa the staff there was astonished and it appeared there was some miscommunication, my massage wasn’t booked in. However, that lovely girl (Liu) who was the same spa receptionist quickly sorted my room out for me and gave me an amazing 90-min massage. She was very jolly chatty and we talked about babies nonstop!

Lastly, the room was very comfortable, the bed was huge and perfect balance between firmness and softness. We finally got to sleep in (as new parents) and watched movies that we missed over the past 6 months (they’re free!). The pillows are a bit soft though. Oh and the in room hot spring was legit - can totally smell the sulphur. Super comfort and amazing set up. We soaked both days!

Overall great experience, lovely hotel great staff. There are tiny details they can work on and it was a busy weekend they have a small team. Looking forward to coming back!

Dear valuable guest Luvlu:

Best Regards,

The Gaia Hotel"""

Reviewed 27 January 2019 via mobile

I’m always fascinated by books and lots of them makes me feel geeky and homely. This place is perfect to be lost amidst the tall book shelves, bright chandelier, hot spring and the comfy room. It is here where I enjoyed the peaceful time to meditate, rethink and heal my soul. I hope others find this place equally conducive too. Will be back again if I have another chance!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
FellowTraveler729957, 業者 at The Gaia Hotel, Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2019

Dear Agent_Simes

It's our honor to have you with us.
We are appreciated with your commendation and glad that you have good memory in The Gaia Hotel.
Hope your dinner experience will be perfect.

Reviewed 27 January 2019 via mobile

It’s very good to stay this hotel to relax after the 1/26 wedding! Love the environment like the open air pool and hot spring, and the room is also good, especially the indoor mini pool and the city amazing view, anyway, now I’m expecting the dinner that the window seats are by the library

今天在這裡住一晚,目前的體驗都非常舒適,包括酒店裡面的各項設施,以及令人深刻的服務,現在開始期待晚餐囉!

Dear ginbearisgood

It's our honor to have you with us.
Hope your dinner experience will be perfect.

Reviewed 24 January 2019 via mobile

Nice room with coffee, fruits and snacks. Friend staffs willing to assist you with all your question. Free shuttle to subway and town. Easy trail to restaurants , supermarket and convenient stores. Private hotspring in your room and also public hotspring available. Very good breakfast with lots of selection. Will recommend to my friends

Dear wanelaine