This resort was great at welcoming and Rooms quieter place. The location and weather is a steal-er and you need to choose cottages near stream and with open baths. The rooms are cosy and quiet. With no TV you get to know nature and ur partner more (Recommended for weekend breakaway from city). We took Fishing activity which is good for first times (Rs 100 per head)done in a country style at not so good place on the banks of river. Food is great lunch and breakfast. The selection is south indian but tastes are good. However they take 700/- for lunch and dinner and 1100/- for a private bar-b-q near ur cottage.(per person) I find food prices exorbitant and there is no other option , as this is inside the deep forests. However we avoided dinner as it was not so exclusive and we carried lots of fruits and some snacks with us in the car. :) On the downside:- There was a promise of evening activities like bon-fire, table and Tambola. But none happened because they claimed that it is raining. but there were no rains at all. Tambola was declined due to fewer acceptance of house guests. There is nothing else to do in the evening. Insider Trip:- Don't go for Night/Eve safari. There is nothing exclusive about it. its the same road of Mudumalai forest and you can't photograph wild animals (if any). secondly the animal which are seen are Elephants and Gaur (Which are too common and elephants are from the training camp nearby). Take some entertainment with you like board games or something for the night. Its a good place for bird photography. You need to be quick and having a good zoom can help a lot. Overall - A nice quaint and serene place. <Recommended> check some clicks :- http://www.flickr.com/photos/saish746/sets/72157627320036058/with/5978471920/
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Masinagudi, Casa Deep Woods welcomes you to bask right under the shade of the Nilgiri Mountains. As the name promises, wilderness is home here. If you are looking for a back to nature break, you can often see elephants & deer snack on the bamboo shoots by your cottage space. Or open up to nature's playlist as 300 species of birds come calling, right here. We have a BIRD HIDE built specially for keen birders. If its serious jungle action you prefer, there's a jeep/van safari in Bandipur & Mudumalai Tiger Reserve nearby. You could try a well-designed wellness module in the land of refreshing deep breaths. Dr. Shiela Nambiar, the very well-known Fitness & Lifestyle Consultant & Yogadarshanam, Mysore's reputed Yoga Institute have come together here to make Casa Deep Woods an eco-spa. Tailored for the bone-tired in the city to take small steps or advanced leaps towards treasuring our own health, one especially for women. If you prefer to just unwind by the picturesque - choose a stream or our swimming pool, a picnic by a river, an amble along a nature trail or relaxing under an immense tree with a book. Or a game of badminton/wild film with your kids who are very welcome here. (By the way, have they ever got a chance to see an elephant being fed?). We can also throw in a bonfire by the stream and grill-a-chicken-on-coals. Wi-Fi in the lobby, with a sense of the secluded all around the vast open Casa Deep Woods. A balm for the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, ClearTrip and Agoda so you can book your Casa Deep Woods reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zest Casa Deep Woods Hotel Masinagudi
- Casa Deep Woods Masinagudi, Tamil Nadu