We went to Glenview with great expectations since we saw some decent reviews on trip advisor and some great photos on their websites. The experience was no where near the presentation.
The place is quite far from the main road and is surrounded by not lush but dense forest. The rooms were very basic, just enough for two people. The beds and bed sheets were not clean and the chairs given in the room kept us on the edge by threatening to break at any point of time. Expect no frills at the toilets. No soap, no towel, we were lucky that we carried it since we reached the place late evening and the near by shop is at least 5 kms away (If not more).
The bath rooms were also very basic and was about to break down if handled with some force. Not to mention the crawlies and insects which infested the place. Can't blame the owners for this but insects kept disturbing us through out the night.
The one highlight of the place was the food. It was not very expensive but it was yummy. The preparation is mainly south Indian and there are no other choices available. But everything right from the morning coffee to dinner has a touch of great cook.
Though we were turned off by the ambience, lack of cleanness, nice rooms and bath rooms, the staff were very friendly and helpful. They were quick to provide the service, though there was no telephone connection between the rooms and we had to go to the office room to make orders.
There was a nice place for camp fire and barbecue which we enjoyed.
To sum it up all, there was nothing to write home about the resort. We were quite disappointed since all of us have been to jungle resorts before. The entire ambience was dark and little sad. This place is ideal for a bachelor party or for an all boys trip. Do not come here to relax and have nice get away. Also not recommended if you are traveling with family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the foot hills of the Nilgiris (also referred to as Blue Mountains) lies Bokkapuram, a picturesque village known for its immense beauty and serenity. Abode to the Goddess of the mudumalai jungle, it carries her temple which is celebrated just once a year.A short stretch into the woods should ideally lead into the silent jungle. But that is not the case, because hidden in the dark and silent canopy of bamboos and towering trees lies a resort which has merged itself into the beautiful landscape. Its inhabitants are enthralled by its distinguished wild visitors which includes the Gigantic Asian Elephants, the awesome bison’s, the majestic tigers, the skilled cheetah and the all so beautiful birds which hover around in different colours and sizes. Glen View Resort has earned itself the reputation of ‘THE’ ideal getaway for those who seek the best of the unblemished Wild.Glen View provides the opportunity of living in the lap of nature. The cottages, built out of contemporary mud and stone interiors provides you a luxurious blend of comfort and exotic natural ambience which makes your dream vacation a reality. So, comeon, take that vacation you have kept aside for so long and visit us. We promise the vacation of your life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelGuru, Agoda and ClearTrip so you can book your Glen View Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glen View Resort Hotel Masinagudi
- Glen View Resort Masinagudi, Tamil Nadu