“Dimly lit and dull”
Review of KAMALA BEACH INN

KAMALA BEACH INN
Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Kamala
Reviewed 9 January 2017

The best feature of this place is its proximity to the beach and it has a nice pool. Otherwise it just packs people in to little dimly lit rooms which are very overpriced. Teh breakfast is atrocious. Wifi is only available in the lobby where unsmiling zombies stare at screens. Very underwhealming

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

Arriving in Lamborghini has its priviledge. I just book a standard room at 500 baht per night and i was upgraded to the suite ( see photo). Krug champagne complimentary was in the room. Got also company from 2 pretty staffer eager to have fun with a rich guest. Reccomended

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2016

Dear travelers, it's the most awful hotel I have ever been in my life not only in Thailand, but also globally. It's very dirty, no normal services, even a shower is just a hole in the floor in the wc in each room. Wifi is free but it almost always is not operating properly. No opportunity to pay by cards, breakfast is always the same and of low quality, no room service or breakfast boxes available. Cleaning in the room was awful! I would never recommend this hotel not only to my friends but even to my enemies.

Stayed: January 2016
1  Thank evgenia112
Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

Save yourself the trouble. This place is dirty, smells little mildew. No wifi in room like stated. No safe in the room. Door wouldn't shut all the way, the lady at the front was so rude! We had bug bites within 10 minutes there. We left within 10 minutes of checking in. I don't like to write negative reword but I wouldn't want anyone to go through what my friend and I did! Terrible!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Vichearo L
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Upon check in, our driver, who was holding one of our packs, shook his head "no" when we said we were staying here. We should have been wise enough to listen to his unspoken conveyance, but nonetheless, being that we had already booked the place, we stayed.
There were only 4 rooms occupied during our stay, as the staff stated they were updating the place. It would be wise just to tear down the place and start over.
First off, there were two single beds for three of us. We pushed together the two beds-solution! The room smelled like mold- perhaps water damage or flooding at some point. The shower worked, and the water was hot. To my surprise, the A/C worked extremely well.
In the bathroom, there was a black mold growing on the walls and door. I've uploaded candid photos of the place for you to see for yourself.
Also, there is a place of worship next door. The noise starts at 5:00 A.M and lasts 30 minutes or so. At the end of the day, same thing, 5:00 PM to 6:00.
I did not trust the staff so I stayed in the room most of the time. We walked to town, which is like a forgotten town with very little to offer.
After dusk, watch out for the bats. Apparently, they've set up home. Also, the pools aren't clean, and the empty rooms, all which had their door open, contain mattresses stacked high, this and that here and there. By morning, and after my photo shoot, they were all closed.
One night is one night too many at this hotel. Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: There were only 4 rooms available for occupancy. No room is a good room here. avoid.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends