See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 January 2016

Dear travelers, it's the most awful hotel I have ever been in my life not only in Thailand, but also globally. It's very dirty, no normal services, even a shower is just a hole in the floor in the wc in each room. Wifi is free but it almost always is not operating properly. No opportunity to pay by cards, breakfast is always the same and of low quality, no room service or breakfast boxes available. Cleaning in the room was awful! I would never recommend this hotel not only to my friends but even to my enemies.

Date of stay: January 2016
1  Thank evgenia112
Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

Save yourself the trouble. This place is dirty, smells little mildew. No wifi in room like stated. No safe in the room. Door wouldn't shut all the way, the lady at the front was so rude! We had bug bites within 10 minutes there. We left within 10 minutes of checking in. I don't like to write negative reword but I wouldn't want anyone to go through what my friend and I did! Terrible!

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank lipgloss81
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Upon check in, our driver, who was holding one of our packs, shook his head "no" when we said we were staying here. We should have been wise enough to listen to his unspoken conveyance, but nonetheless, being that we had already booked the place, we stayed.
There were only 4 rooms occupied during our stay, as the staff stated they were updating the place. It would be wise just to tear down the place and start over.
First off, there were two single beds for three of us. We pushed together the two beds-solution! The room smelled like mold- perhaps water damage or flooding at some point. The shower worked, and the water was hot. To my surprise, the A/C worked extremely well.
In the bathroom, there was a black mold growing on the walls and door. I've uploaded candid photos of the place for you to see for yourself.
Also, there is a place of worship next door. The noise starts at 5:00 A.M and lasts 30 minutes or so. At the end of the day, same thing, 5:00 PM to 6:00.
I did not trust the staff so I stayed in the room most of the time. We walked to town, which is like a forgotten town with very little to offer.
After dusk, watch out for the bats. Apparently, they've set up home. Also, the pools aren't clean, and the empty rooms, all which had their door open, contain mattresses stacked high, this and that here and there. By morning, and after my photo shoot, they were all closed.
One night is one night too many at this hotel. Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere.

Room tip: There were only 4 rooms available for occupancy. No room is a good room here. avoid.
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
7  Thank c7g9hawaii
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We were at the hotel during Christmas and New year this year. This was awful - noisy, crappy, air-conditioning was noisy and didn´t work, guests were very noisy all night and the personnel didn´t do anything about it. Also nobody mentioned THE TEMPLE which was near the hotel and there was tremendous noise coming from there in the early morning and in the evening in the beginning and at 5 am our second week there (after new year). Breakfast was extremely bad and scarce, every day the same and the last days i got extremely poisoned by their food. I would never recommend that hotel for anybody. for me it was shock and by the way it wasn´t a cheap hotel for that service and comfort level they produced.

Room tip: do not go there is the best tip ever
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Tanja R
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I bought a last minute travel deal to Phuket Thailand without knowing the resort I would be going no less the hotel where I should be staying. At the airport I was told the place and the hotel. So I got Kamala beach Inn. The staff was actually quite nice except a few persons I came across, the porter last day and one person in the restaurant. The receptionists were ever so lovely and friendly, they made me feel very important and welcomed to their hotel, which I think they were also very proud of working there. Thank you very much, receptionists.

I didn´t like the air con: very noisy and effectless. Even thought it was on nearly all the time, there was still 25-26 degrees in the room. The breakfast buffet was below average: fruits were ok, but otherwise there was only one person making eggs and omelets and pancakes, so you often had to wait for them and also there were made beforehand and lifted aside, so they were quite cold. There was also juice and water available, some rice, cold and hot vegetables, toast (bread) and jam or butter, and buns. No cheese, ham or cold meat. Many people had own supply with cereals, yogurt, I hade my own rye bread from Finland. The morning I had a day trip, the cook making the eggs etc, began her work after I had finished my breakfast, at 7.25, even though breakfast time was 7.00-10.00.

My room was in the 3.floor so I had help with my luggage when I came to the hotel. In the room was also small fridge with minibar. Never saw a cleaning lady, but the bed was made everyday aswell the towels replaced. You had to buy your own water, that didn`t include.

The balcony was small. There was no shower curtain, no wall between the toilet, no basin so the whole floor was wet after the shower. Hot water was though always available.

There were no safe boxes available, they all were already in use for other customers, so I had to leave my valuables in a brown envelope to the hotel´s own safe. DON´T leave money there, only passports and other papers.

The pool area is quite nice, distance to beach ok and weekly 2 local markets are really near.

And at last: the day I left the hotel the porter checked the minibar, if I had taken something from there and he saw I had taken nothing from there. I tipped the man already upstairs and he carried my luggage downstairs and shouted something for the receptionist. When I left my key, she told me that the porter had told, that I had taken 2 waters from the minibar, I told her I had taken non and she didn`t take money from me. That episode left a really bad memory of the place.

But the visitors who had chosen the hotel themselfs, seemed to enjoy the place and many came back year after another.

Room tip: I think the rooms access to pools could be very nice
Date of stay: January 2012