“Unfortunately now gone”

Poo Maa Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #68 of 152 Restaurants in Kamala
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Reviewed 10 November 2016

Was beautiful and at foot of our resort very upset it was gone on our return. young Burmese refugee was running it she was adorable enjoyed the food and drink

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed 23 October 2016

The coup mentioned below was the government's attempt to regulate the businesses on the beach, they closed down many independent businesses along the beaches. We didn't know and went back a year after writing our first review to find many businesses, including this one and the lady massaging next door gone , it was such a shame because they people made the whole holiday experience come to life. Hopefully they had started to reappear. If you're in the area and want to visit this or any other 'disappeared' business ask around as the locals may be able to point you to where they've reopened. To leave this message I've had to say I last visited in Nov 15, I actually last visited in March 14 before it closed.

Date of visit: November 2015
1  Thank lisacollette
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Too bad, also this restaurant had to be ripped a parts after coup!

It was a best "normal" place in Kamala. Place were you were always welcome... I will miss it, I had my first date there with my wife....

Date of visit: July 2013
5  Thank Just J
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

We saw this little restaurant while driving around looking for lunch and were attracted by its serene location by the sea. The entrance is cute too as you have to cross a mini bamboo bridge. Service was good and we had masamman curry and basil chicken, they were ok, not bad but we've had better. However i would recommend the restaurant for the location and views.

3  Thank Leef99
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Beautiful sunset with great food. Under a huge tree with lights and it creates an atmosphere which is lovely

Date of visit: April 2014
2  Thank Nicola B

Been to Poo Maa Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK