I have just stayed at Kamala beach for 7 nights and had a great stay. The resort is huge, but somehow it does not feel this way. We wanted to relax and found that a hotell without children was perfect in that respect. The atmosphere here is relaxed. The grounds are well taken care of and the room very clean. The food at Prime Kitchen by the Sea is very nice and not expensive. We tried almost every Thai dish on the menue and they were all very nice!
But, we had requested a twin room and upon arrival it was confirmed that we would get just that. But when we entered the room it was a double bed. Not a major crises, but when you travel with a friend you like to have your own bed and not share. The guy that helped us with our luggage said someone would stop by from house keeping and seperate the two beds that made up the double bed. We could have done that our selves, but a big double madress was on top of the bed(s). We waited for a while, but nothing happened. We both called the front desk and went down to talk to them. And they were not very helpful. Nothing could be done. I asked why they confirmed that we got room with twin beds when indeed we did not. Their only response was that we had a suite (we booked a regular room) and should be happy about that. In the end we decieded to share the double bed. My impression is that the staff is helpfull up to a point, but when asked to help out they shut down.
Would I stay again? Maybe. I think one visit to Kamala Beach is enough for me. Nothing very wrong, it`s just that one visit is enough I think
Another thing: uopon arrival to Phuket International Airport DO NOT go for a taxi from the company based to the left just as you walk into the arrivals hall. I don`t remember the name of the company. But the guy that persuaded us to go for their offer wore a beige t-shirt. The driver also wore beige. The reason for my warning about them is that when we were on our way from the airport all of a sudden the diver turned of the road and parked in front of a house without explaining why. Feels kind of scary when a taxi does this. The driver went in to the house and we were left in the car and understood nothing. All of a sudden a girl opend the car door and wanted to know if we had booked a hotell room and booked taxi to go back to the airport. We had booked our stay. But she tried to talk us into taking the same taxi service back to airport after our stay was over. As if......When we said that we would think about it and could call, she said that they did not accept booking over the telephone. She then left the car and the driver came back and we arrived at the hotell safely. But it was a bit scary!!
This was my 6th time going to Thailand and have experienced this kind of thing a few times before and do not like it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunprime Kamala Beach is a place where life is calmer, where every day is a break from everyday life and where time for once is on your side. Children probably think that this is a totally boring place. Adults traveling without children describe this as simply wonderful. We have adjusted all our services according to your interests, especially those of you appreciating good food, wine, wellness and a calm relaxed atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly, HostelWorld and Ctrip TA so you can book your Sunprime Kamala Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kamala Beach Resort (a Sunprime Resort) Hotel Kamala
- Kamala Beach Hotel
- Sunprime Kamala Beach Phuket