In the 90´s, me and my wife used to enjoy holidays in Phuket, sometimes more than once a year. We returned recently, after many years. Things changed a lot, and… not for better!
But Kamala Beach Resort Resort/Sunwing Resort is still a very pleasant place to stay. The hotel has a large number of rooms but, surprisingly, if you decide to stay in any one of the many swimming pools, they don´t seem to crowdy. The beach is just a few steps away and the sea water is still fantastic, but there are too many sunbeds and beach umbrellas, and it seemed to me that at least 1/3 of them are not necessary…
The rooms are large, clean, and well equipped. I reported a malfunction of the air conditioner and it was promptly maintained. Breakfast at the restaurant near the beach was a little bit too busy, so we decided to use the other restaurant near the big pool.
The staff is friendly, and – most important – honest! When I left the hotel I forgot a purse in my room with around 300 euros, a few hundred Hong Kong dollars, a camera´s flash memory, battery, and some other small belongings. Well… I have everything back in Portugal and the assistance of Sunwing´s staff was outstanding. Thank you Renelyn, Wilasinee, Wissut, and others whose names I don’t know. You were fantastic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A fully contained family resort with its own restaurants, entertainment programs and a host of activities for all ages. The resort includes all the fun, adventure, and luxury that families want most, elevating the family vacation to world-class standards on the unspoiled Kamala beach of Phuket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Sunwing Kamala Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunwing Resort - Kamala Beach Hotel Kamala
- Sunwing Kamala Beach Phuket