We originally booked a 4 night stay here based upon strong reviews, etc. Well, we ended up absolutely loving Andara and booked for an additional 4 nights (canceling a reservation at another property).
There are properties/resorts that are better situated ON the beach with unobstructed ocean views of course, but that was more than made up for by the property and suites/villas themselves. It was truly as though we were staying in a beautiful home complete with every needed amenity, including our own plunge pool.
The sense of tranquility and relaxation was prevalent throughout the property. The staff, the decor, the manager, the food, the service, bath amenities, transportation... EVERYTHING was excellent.
We look forward to returning to Andara soon!
The only note of disappointment I'd make is to point out that the Beach Club is really just a few white day beds amongst a crowded beach, surrounded with a lot of activity. The beach hawkers selling everything under the sun come right up to your day bed, without the staff doing much about it. This was a bit annoying after awhile. We ended up preferring the Andara main pool or our plunge pool over the "Beach Club". On the plus side, a bucket of ice cold bottles of water and wi-fi are available from the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Andara is an ultra-deluxe villa and residences resort at Kamala Beach (Phuket) set on a hill rising gentle from the Andaman Sea offering stunning ocean views. Minutes away are Phuket’s best restaurants, boutiques, world-class golf resorts and other attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Ostrovok and Agoda so you can book your Andara Resort and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andara Resort And Villas Hotel Kamala
- Andara Resort And Villas Kamala, Phuket