“Excellent!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Kamala
Chengalpattu
“Excellent!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

I have booked the hotel with the help of my brother at KL. On my arrival, it was a very nice and pleasant place to relax. Excellent scenic view from the room and a nice staff response. Timely cleaning and healthy breakfast in the morning. All the menu in pool view restaurant was also good. Nice and safe place to stay with the family. Very good pool with sea view.Travel desk person helps a lot. We should take at least one week break to stay here to roam around, then only we can enjoy our stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor with Jacuzzi was nice to choose
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

I was able to make surprises for my girlfriend with the aid of the hotel staffs being over at Phuket while I was in Singapore trying to liase through e-mails. Ms Suchada Prompan from Cape Sienna Reservations put in effort to ensure that she knew what I was expecting from this trip before making arrangements for me. I was also able to get stunning dinner views at Plum Restaurant at Cape Sienna with the help of her arrangements.

Be expected to be treated like V.I.Ps when you get there. I mean it! They were responsive to requests and sometimes feel as though they were so much ahead in thinking of our necessities throughout the stay.

Sea view at Cape Sienna is good, from the pool, the lobby, the restaurants and not forgetting your own room/villa. Sunset and sunrise will just be a pull of the curtain away in your own balcony. All rooms are sea facing and I presume its north facing too. Sunrise on your right and sunset from your left. Awesome!

I managed to do a sunrise time-lapse on my first morning at our hotel unit balcony (it was Room 2405), it was really hard to get up from the bed so early in the morning cause its too comfortable. Really! (Note: Cape Sienna uses Paediatric beds. means you get comfortable sleep and you'll never wake up with back aches)

Definitely going to return to Cape Sienna if I ever get to Phuket again!

Room Tip: It seems like all rooms/villas face the same direction and your views will not get blocked by any ad...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MrEWool
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

Firstly, I would just like to point out that I am an International Travel Agent in Australia and I did a lot of research prior to making a booking at Cape Sienna. My partner and I wanted to be away from the crowds of Patong and stay at a small, intimate, high-class hotel catering for adults....we achieved all that + much much more! I will be booking clients here for many years to come as I trust this relatively new property will keep improving.

We could not fault the hotel at all - the reception staff were always friendly and helpful (even when we arrived at 2.00am), as were all staff on the property and the breakfast staff even knew our coffee orders by the 2nd/3rd day. The breakfast itself was very adequate and certainly set us on our way each day offering a large array of hot and cold foods, all with a beautiful view over the main pool area and the Andaman Sea.
Our room was on a high floor in building 2 so our views were spectacular - I believe this is the best option, but obviously everyone is not going to get a high floor. The room itself was divine - spacious and comfortable with a nice lounge area, a large balcony and a jacuzzi. Yes, the bed was a little hard but we were happy with it and chose not to get the mattress topper..but it was available, as were different pillows if needed.
The other facilities at the hotel were equally as impressive with Sienna Rocks the highlight. The bar and swimming pool down there were often quiet, so it became our favourite spot. With 3.5 hours of Happy Hours each afternoon, we could choose between Sienna Rocks, The Pool Cafe and the unbelievable Vanilla Sky cocktail lounge - wow, what a view from up there. So cocktails were in abundance each afternoon/evening. The only facility we didn't try during our stay was Plum Restaurant - not for any reason other than we were off exploring the village of Kamala or we were in Patong/Phuket town at night.
Kamala beach is a very short stroll downhill via a well-equipped 7/11 store. It was a lovely little quiet village with lots of shops, restaurants, bars, massage places and certainly one of the nicer towns we visited whilst in Phuket.
As for the so called Taxi Mafia - what a myth!! We are talking about the difference between 300 BHT (AUD $9.67 as at 23/5/12) if you walked down the road or 400 BHT (AUD $12.89 as at 23/5/12) if you took the taxis from the "MAFIA" outside the hotel. This was for a 15-20 minute trip to Patong. I can't believe so many people waste their time complaining about the fixed prices the drivers have outside the hotel - for a few dollars, who cares!

All in all, this was a holiday to remember and I'd like to thank the staff of Cape Sienna for helping to make our trip to Phuket so special.

Room Tip: High floor / building 2 - 2301 and 2401 corner rooms overlooking pool area as well as offering spect...
8 Thank dap_25
New Delhi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

Cape Sienna has very nice views...but that's about all. I'm biased because I like a hotel with a lobby that you see as you enter, but (probably due to space and architectural restrictions) you have to get into an elevator straight from the porch. A bit disconcerting.
The 'porch elevator' opens out into a lobby with a fabulous view. I liked the swimming pool as well. It looks like white marble but is actually a non-slip-pleasing-to-the -touch surface.
The rooms are disappointing. You can choose a room with a jacuzzi (we never ended up using it) and try to get a room on a higher floor if possible. If you want your room cleaned, you will need to ask for it. It's not an automatic clean and turndown service like you would expect at a five star hotel. The prices are five-star though.
I would sum it up as an average experience. There are a lot of nice options in the area. Check them out before you book this.

Room Tip: Try getting a room on a higher floor for unhindered sea-views. Keep in mind that there are rooms ava...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

Had just stayed at CS last weeks with my family for 3 nights. I have a very mixture feeling about this hotel in many ways which I will just bring out in point forms.

Lets get to the PLUS points:

1.we had stayed in the 4606/4605. These are two sea view jacuzzi rooms with breathtaking view of Kamala beach. And the room comes with balcony that you can chill out with your love ones and enjoy the stunning sunset. If you want unblock sea view, please request for higher floor cos lower floor you will see those electric cables and its nearer to the road. I particularly love 4606 (if i remember correctly) as it is one of the highest corner room. The balcony is twice bigger than 05 and the jacuzzi is bigger and facing directly to the sea. And it gives more privacy for you n your love one to snuggle.

2.The receptionist are helpful and friendly. They are not like the previous comments that they can't speak proper English. Yes they don't speak perfect English but at least they are TRYING to help and understand you. Being an Asian myself, I feel English is not our main mother tongue. And of cos you are in ASIA!! SO Please don't expect the local speak Queen's Perfect Englsih!!!

3. The view at the lobby is absolutely awesome and romantic but the weird side is in the middle of the picture square view an electric cable pole with lots of wire is standing right there. If you close one eye or be less observant. The view from lobby is close to perfect!!!

4. The hotel provide all guests to select their preferred aromatic oil to be placed in your room in the evening which is an unique way to wow their guests.

Now its come to the DOWN side.

1. The most disappointing experience in the hotel was the housekeeping. The first night we had requested the hotel to turn down the bed b4 we go for our dinner. And it was done as it is told.
The second nights was a surprised to me. We did not call for any turn down as we thought it is a standard procedure for a 5 stars hotel (not being fussy here but can't help it as i am from hotel background) The room is still in a mess(Usually for a standard 5 stars hotel, two times of cleaning is provided. One in the morning or early afternoon and one more time in the evening (turn down service) which housekeeping will clean and tidy up your room, change fresh towels and top up your amenities or sometimes little treat like cake or chocolate), toilet is messy without any replenishment of any fresh towel. We thought the room has not turned down yet but the scented burner is set up and the good night card and flower was placed on the bed. I was completely puzzled of the inconsistency.

I did not call the housekeeping immediately as I would love to give them another chance to prove me wrong. As it comes to the last night, same thing happened. I have decided to approach the reception to clarify. After clarification, the hotel does not provide turn down service but only on request basis. They extended their apologies and nothing was offered but I was asked to write a feedback to the hotel. I guess CS has just dropped its level of service if it being a so called 5 stars hotel.

2. The breakfast experience was interesting too. Both good and bad. Thumbs up to a friendly male host who greeted us every morning and also remembered our coffee tea order on the second morning. And that was impressive.

1st night BBQ dinner experienced was ruined by a waitress who appeared ignorance or rude, i dun know. As my family and I were still in middle of the meal just before dessert. She came to our table without asking us anything but started to clear all of our cutleries in a rushing manner. Yes I understand it is coming to the end of the dinner but i seriously think it is not the way to do it.

2nd morning breakfast was spoiled by another waitress. As we have ordered an extra hot water, she just pointed impatiently to the hot water flask she placed on the table. I was still trying to be very polite to her by telling her that yes I know but we need an EXTRA CUP!!! HELLO?! I am sure she can do better than that!

Seriously, after these experiences. I just felt where are the nice and friendly THAI service we all had experienced last time?! esp in a five stars hotel? Should I blame it on because we are ASIAN too, thus we receive a second class service?! OR Should I blame it on this HOTEL seriously need to conduct more training to their staff?!

IF you ask me if I will come back to CS? Yes I will be back for the view but in another hotel around this region.Not till their service level has matched up to their brand they have promised.

more pointers

1.this hotel is couple friendly as they have the no child policy *but i still saw some children in the hotel...mystery

2.this is not really a elder or handicapped friendly hotel as they have lots of steep steps

3.hotel GM should start looking at some serious maintenance work like the other guys had feedback. The room and furniture really need some touch up. As some flaws and chippings are already surfaced.

4.The most stupid design of the hotel i think is the toilet basin. The base of the basin is designed in a slope form and the water tap is positioned too low. So if you just turned the water tap on normally. Be prepared to get really wet and swear on your new shirt u just changed!!

5.Yes they provide pillow menu and pls do request for it cos their original pillow really too soft!!!!

6.This is the first time i see a Birch Muesli is filled with shredded carrot from the time we sit down till we left....unchanged....

7.Each taxi ride will cost you 500 baht. My recommendation is to rent a car!!! Its cheap, quick and convenient!! We rented a toyota and it only cost us 1300 a day which is totally worth it! You can park at the hotel when you come back for free. And you can drive to anywhere you want in Phuket at your own convenience!! Highly recommended!! BTW its a right hand drive.

Last thing, If service doesn't bother you so much. Please enjoy the view like I do in the hotel. There is nothing much around the hotel. So if you want a quiet place and spend most your time in the hotel. Den mayb CS is the one for you. If not there are many other choices!

Room Tip: req for higher corner room.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank 00213957
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
1.9 km away
#3 of 36 in Kamala
10.6 km away
Mandarava Resort and Spa
1.3 km away
Kamala Beach Resort (a Sunprime Resort)
23.1 km away
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK