Arrived on 23rd May for one week and had apartment C6. Henri kindly helped with the baggage due to my back problem which was greatly appreciated. We were torn between a bungalow and apartment but what swung it for us to have the apartment wasn't the price difference, it was because we had the flexibility of having a large full size fridge freezer and cooking facilities if we needed them. Turns out we didn't after all as Henri directed us to a small restaurant 10 minutes away called OhLaLa. We weren't disappointed by their food so Merci Henri!
We took our laundry to the small laundry opposite the Royal Embassy to have our clothes cleaned so we wouldn't have to do them back in the UK. When we got home we found what appears to be glue on one of my shirts so not impressed at all. There are other laundry places dotted about, all usually for 50 baht per kilo non ironed or 70 baht per kilo ironed.
Going back to The Royal Embassy, no problems at all and we even had a resident Gecko to rid our room of any unwanted guests. He did wake us during the night though with his squeaking noise! Again, this didn't cause us any issues as he ran away when we tried to catch him.
The pool area is outstanding, small and cosy and it was quiet when we were her during May so we pretty much had the place to ourself. Take your camera by the pool as you'll see large butterflies, and maybe even small lizards/ bearded dragons. Nothing to fear as they're feared of humans and no doubt they're keeping the bug population down for us.
Our apartment was kitted out with two t.v's, two aircon units, ceiling fan, large fridge freezer, microwave, electric hob, toaster and water boiling machine for tea/coffee. Also comprises of a large sofa, dining table with 4 chairs and two French doors leading onto the balcony (see photos I posted).
On another point, there is about 15 English speaking t.v. channels on the t.v.'s, BBC World news, Crime and Investigation Asia, Syfy movie channel, ITV Granada a few to mention.
All in all, a pleasant stay and no doubt we'll be back on our return to Phuket. This is one of the better places we have ever stayed and could be down to its size being smaller and cosier than other establishments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “ Treat yourself with a magical experience at our Thai style Resort, the ROYAL EMBASSY RESORT in a small corner of paradise, here in Kamala on Phuket Island. Our resort a small and personal style resort and just 20 apartments and Villas, ensuring our guests are provided with personal service and give you a wonderful time in the land of smiles and sunshine.Royal Embassy Resort is just a 5 minute drive to Fantasea, the world famous theme park and cultural show, a ten to fifteen minute walk to the peaceful Kamala Beach, 9km drive to Patong and the famous Bangla Road, bars, night clubs, restaurants and Jungcelyon shopping mall. We are just 19km from Phuket airport and close proximity to most tourist activities and beaches.Our spacious rooms feature modern furnishings, includes flat screen TV’s, digital safe, mini bar, free Wi-Fi, full kitchen in all apartments and tea and coffee making facilities in the Thai Villas. All apartments and Villas have a private balcony or patio overlooking our beautiful gardens and swimming pools, where you can relax and enjoy the piece full surroundings, or use our Jacuzzi within the resort. We also provide all guests with complimentary daily transfers to Kamala Beach.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Royal Embassy Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Embassy Resort And Spa
- Royal Embassy Hotel Kamala
- Royal Embassy Resort & Spa Kamala, Phuket