We have just spent ten happy days at this hotel and will definitely be returning. The room was perfect for our family (2 adults, 2 kids and a baby) and the kitchenette came in super handy. We had a two bed pool facing suite.
The pool with its slide was a big hit with the kids and the kids club was fantastic. I have a nine yr old and a 4 yr old and it catered for both. A great programme in place as well as plenty for the kids to do on a drop in basis. It was spotlessly clean and well staffed too.
The restaurant was also great as the food was good quality but not extortionately priced like hotels tend to be. Breakfast was buffet style and really good selection and quality. We especially liked the 'smoothie of the day' idea.
We would have given the place five stars had it not been for the slightly tedious trek to the beach from there. A shuttle bus would make things perfect. The underpass you have to use to get to the beach is quite intimidating as it is very secluded and lined with empty beer bottles. I would certainly not go down there alone and definitely not at night. Also the beach end nearest to the hotel is unusable with it being full of rubbish and unused shacks/debris. I would have thought a big chain like swissotel would dedicate some funds to ensuring a safe passage to the beach from the hotel. There is no way to walk to the beach without walking through this underpass which is a shame. Cleaning it up and maybe even putting security on patrol down there would help (the underpass is at the end of the driveway swissotel is on so it is feasible that they could move the security they already have down that drive further back to the underpass). Shuttle buses would be even better!
Underpass aside though we would be more than happy to recommend this place! Big thumbs up!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Kamala Beach just 30 minutes southwest of Phuket International Airport, Swissotel Resort Phuket is the ultimate resort retreat for friends, families and small groups seeking relaxing beach holidays. Designed for the discerning, modern traveller, Swissotel Resort Phuket offers a choice of one, two and three-bedroom suites. In addition to natural sun-kissed beaches and turquoise seas, the resort ensures the comfort of each guest with an extensive range of facilities including several dining options, a lagoon-style swimming pool, spa and fitness centre, Kids World and a wide array of recreational activities. For a corporate meeting, wedding or gala event the selection of eight meeting rooms, with capacity for up to 150 persons can be styled to suit personal tastes and requirements, while the event management team will ensure that world renowned Swiss hospitality and reliability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Ctrip TA so you can book your Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Phuket At Kamala Beach Hotel Kamala
- Courtyard Phuket Kamala Beach
- Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala Beach