All reviews budget hotel convenience store small room mkt bed hygiene branch location walkable cleanliness dryer
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

I am particularly impressed by the breakfast they served.

I have a bed in a dormitory, and thus I paid little, and yet the spread of dishes served during breakfast is beyond my imagination. They served Chinese dishes and Western toast, and there is even a coffee maker, I have served myself cupucinno from it.

Kiwi Express is my first hotel stay in Taiwan, and it has raised my expectations for the remaining hostels I have booked in Taiwan.

I will definitely recommend all to stay in Kiwi Express during their stay in Taiwan.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
KiwiChengGong_1, 經理 at Kiwi Express Hotel – Chenggong Rd, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us.

I am very happy to read that we were able to exceed your expectations - something we strive for in all of our interactions with our guests. However the noise caused by people coming and going out of the room is something we will be working on. We appreciate your kindly words and your loyalty to Kiwi Express Hotel.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

前台是24小時服務的,十分方便。步行幾分鐘可達便利店及其他食店。晚上有點靜,所以作為單獨旅行的女生也不太會晚上到處走,不過旅店整體來說很好。我住在女生房間,十分整潔。另外,旅店也提供不俗的早餐,有台灣魯肉飯等。所以會建議背包客住這旅店的。I travelled to taichung city alone with my backpack. The front desk operates 24-hr and it was so convenient! It's just a few minutes walk to the city centre with different restaurants and shops. There's also a convenience store nearby. Overal speaking, the neighbourhood is quite quiet and sometimes I would not burden to stay on the street at late night alone cause there weren't much lighting facilities on the streets. But anyway the accommodation is a great deal at its price! I booked a bed in the female dormitory and I think the hygiene was quite good. The breakfast was great as it served Taiwanese cuisine. I would definitely recommend it to solo travellers! But i heard the company has another hostel nearby which is even closer to the central station so it also worth considering, too! The experience was quite pleasant.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Fast check in process done nicely with friendly staffs. Nice and simple breakfast included. Can lend bikes here for free to check out the city, as transportation in Taichung is not as convenient as Taipei, bus system a little bit confusing and NO MRT system around the city in Taichung. Small room but well-equipped, super strong hair dryer :) a little bit inconvenient to stay 2 ppl with one room key, asked for 2 but got rejected. 24 reception with strong WiFi and business corner available, which make my trips get so much easier.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
KiwiChengGong_1, director at Kiwi Express Hotel – Chenggong Rd, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2017

Dear Chloe L

Roy Lin, Director

Reviewed 9 March 2017

The hotel is really good and facilities are great. I loved it. However....... I couldn't sleep at all because it is noisy. The door slaps every time someone opens or closes it. It was terrible. People kept entering through all the night. Please change that system!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paula P
KiwiChengGong_1, 經理 at Kiwi Express Hotel – Chenggong Rd, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2017

Dear Paula

Allen Kuo, Manager

Reviewed 2 January 2017

not near station. room clean and ok. laundry machine is just ok. The staff seems not really helpful to provide information. and they suggest lot of food stall but at least 20-30 min walking distance. After 6 pm, not much shopping area. the price a bit high than some old style hotel. just for few night is ok.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank chanchan_hk
KiwiChengGong_1, 經理 at Kiwi Express Hotel – Chenggong Rd, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2017

I am very happy to read that we were able to exceed your expectations in cleaning - something we strive for in all of our interactions with our guests. We appreciate your kindly words and comment and your loyalty to Kiwi Express Hotel.

Allen Kuo Manager