eDreams
Priceline
FindHotel
Agoda.com
Lol.travel
All reviews home grown breathtaking views royal suite in house thali board games luxury boutique hotel close friends fresh air farm to table unbelievable experience vegetable garden shiva temple beautiful drive kasar devi fruits and vegetables ideal getaway
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

We were two couples and had the most relaxed and amazing Holliday! Both the owners Rahul and Sangeeta were great company and excellent hosts! Their staff is the best I have seen so far in any of the resorts. They probably have one the best chefs who would lay out anything that was asked for. I have not eaten such good and healthy food in a while whilst away from home! Almost all the food served is home grown and organic, what else would one want!!! The place is very comfortable and so is the environment that makes you feel at home. I do not have any negative point at all that I think off! It's a must do on your list if your looking at value for your money and visiting one of the nicer places up in the mountains!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
CountrywideLuxury, Owner at The Orchard at Peora Estates, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Dear Mrs. Meenu,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at The Orchard, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us!

It is our utmost focus to provide our guests with unparalleled food and service in the region and it is heart warming to hear such positive comments from you regarding these. So glad you really liked the food!

Reviewed 29 May 2017

I recently visited The Orchard with some close friends and can easily say it was one of the greatest experiences of I’ve ever had. Having traveled a fair amount myself, I've stayed at quite a few internationally famous hotels over the years. After coming to The Orchard its fair to say that it's now at the top of my list. I know with confidence that the talented people behind this hotel have the art of creating a lifetime experience completely down.

I stayed at the Orchard for almost 10 days, and each day was completely different in terms of variety of cuisines prepared for our every meal, to the cultural and outdoor activities planned in and around the property.

Having traveled and eaten original Chinese, Mexican, Italian, Thai, American, and Indian food its safe to say that the food being cooked in the Orchard's kitchen has some of the most authentic flavors you'll ever taste. The attention to detail when it came to making sure we had personalized meal plans according to our likes, dislikes, and cravings was amazing. Unlike other hotels which force you to stick to a basic menu with the same 20 dishes made every day, or will set specific times for the guests to eat throughout their stay; The Orchard came with a LOT more options. Not only do they present you freshly cooked meals whenever you please, but you also get a million personalized dishes to choose from. The menus are created with tremendous effort and cater exactly to your liking. I woke up everyday excited to see what they had in store and was blown away each and every time. The ingredients which are mostly grown on The Orchard itself are so rich and natural that you can taste their freshness. Unlike other places which over-spice or garnish the food, The Orchard chooses to shine through the simplicity of their ingredients and no meal is too heavy or exaggerated. The food here gets a 15/10.

The service and staff is also unmatched. Somehow they are always there to attend to your needs without seeming like they are overstepping any boundaries. Quiet, humble, and absolutely to the point. I remember quietly noting which cookies I enjoyed the most while having my tea, the next time I was served I was surprised to see they had personally changed my plate so that I had exactly what I wanted. This was all without me even personally mentioning it to them- the attention to detail again and again is one of the greatest aspects of The Orchard. Sometimes its the small things that make the biggest differences. I noticed they also place water soaked almonds next to your bed so that you have a nutritious start to your day- this is something my mother used to do for me growing up at home and its such a simple gesture that speaks volumes.

With all the good food and amazing service you’d be surprised what more they have in store for you. You could easily spend a day on the balcony watching the blue skies and beautiful view of the Himalayan peaks. For someone who is from the city and used to constant noise and traffic this is absolute heaven. I started questioning why I wasn’t living in Peora in the first place. The hours just flew by relaxing, taking in the breathtaking views and interesting village activity that you never get to see in the city. The first day I asked for wi-fi connection as I usually do when checking in, but here, by the second day I didn’t even want it. I spent the rest of the week walking around the beautiful property, checking out their garden where they grow all the fruits and vegetables, played with the two most gorgeous and loving dogs you’ll ever meet; Gabbar and Simba, who I grew so attached to that by the time we had to leave I wanted to just take them with me. Besides that we also got the opportunity to go on a jeep drive around the hills as well as trekking down to a thousand year old Shiva temple in the woods. To be completely in nature without any connectivity to the outside world was the greatest gift I could ask for. I was able to set everything aside and just focus on the beauty around me.

In addition to this when the day was finally over I was still looking forward to the greatest thing one can ask for, uninterrupted deep sleep. The.beds. are. insane. They were probably crafted by the Gods because I have never slept like I did that week. It took me less than 10 seconds to fall asleep and when it was time to wake up the only thing that got me going was the excitement of what they had in store for breakfast. I could live in that bed. I don’t even know what to say other than the fact that the furniture not only looks beautiful but also feels like absolute heaven.

I thought this would be a short and to the point review but I cannot brush past all the things that made me fall in love with The Orchard. Hats off to the Bansal family which have put insane amounts of hard work and dedication to give their guests the kind of experience that is unmatched. Places like The Orchard can only be created and run by those that have a true passion for traveling, and have seen the world from many different perspectives, thus creating an experience that is unbeatable. This kind of personalized care and service is what you find at places that have been made with genuine love and care. I would rather opt for The Orchard a million times over than any 5 Star hotel.

Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. I can’t wait to go again and again.

Room tip: Every single room has an amazing view.

Dear Ms. Joshi,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive review of your experience at The Orchard, we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

It gives me so much pleasure to read that you didn't want to use the wi-fi and technology and spend your time enjoying the nature and surroundings in Peora!

We look forward to welcoming you to The Orchard again very soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2017

I hadn't been up to the hills in quite some time and was looking forward to some fresh air clear skies and beautiful surroundings. we set out for The Orchard early from Delhi and got there just before lunch. On arrival we were met with delicious refreshments and cool towels, this was welcomed after our long journey! i was immediately taken buy the architecture of the landing, a grand stairwell and an equally stunning chandelier really set the scene and i felt transported to tuscany. I was eager to see my bed room and sure enough it did not disappoint, a picture window filled my room with light and views that simply cannot be beat!
Me and my travel companions sat down to lunch in the dining room reserved for larger parties and were served beautifully plated meals, the chef even made adjustments for those who had some dietary restrictions! I am a chef by profession and take my food very seriously, i was impressed by the menu and the gracious service as well!
The entire experience was fabulous, we spent our days looking out, enjoying the views and the weather. My get away to the hills was a success thanks to the hospitality provided by The Orchard and their team, the amount of attention to detail gone into making you feel at home is astounding.
I was sad to leave but am so happy places like this exist in the hills because i will be making a trip back very soon!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
CountrywideLuxury, Owner at The Orchard at Peora Estates, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Dear Alisha,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at The Orchard, we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Perfect for a long weekend, this Tuscan villa is the ideal getaway retreat to escape the heat and smog of Delhi. Nestled above a beautiful valley overlooking the Himalayas, everything about this property is real quality with an eye for details: from the beautiful design to the excellent, attentive staff and sumptuous world-class food.

This location is well-worth the 8 hour drive from Delhi, and if the great food, glorious vistas and friendly, helpful team aren't sufficient reasons to come, there are some auspicious temples and a great peacefulness and calm all around. There aren't enough superlatives to describe the experience of staying at the Orchard!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
CountrywideLuxury, Owner at The Orchard at Peora Estates, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Dear Mr. Lindgren,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Orchard. It is always exciting for us to see guests notice and appreciate the little details at the property.

I'm so glad that you got to see and enjoy some of the beautiful temples in the area. The team was humbled to hear your kind words and we all look forward to welcoming you to The Orchard again very soon!

Reviewed 24 April 2017

This has to be one of the most memorable experiences I’ve had up in the hills to date. I was drawn to the serenity that surrounds the place as soon as I walked in, and from that point, pretty much everything the place has to offer. Big comfortable rooms with heated floors and balconies/patios that overlook the valley, nice and big bathrooms with rain showers and hot water whenever you need, a lot of great spots around the property to soak the sun and surrounding views and not to forget – the Incredible food that we were served over the 3 days! Food has mostly always just been incidental for me while being anywhere in the mountains, except here, where the freshness, variety and thought that goes into all their meals made me look forward to every single one, finding it exceed my expectations each time. You’ve got to go and experience it for yourself.

A little trip out of town on the charts, you’ve found where to go! 3 days just flew by, could easily stay here for many more! Look forward to going back real soon!

Date of stay: April 2017

Dear Mr. Arora,

Thank you for taking the time to write an extensive review of your experience at The Orchard, we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We are always excited to see guests notice and appreciate the little details of the property. I'm glad you got to spend time at different spots around The Orchard to enjoy the sun and views.