All reviews third floor mons bed reception desk town wifi euro cosy
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed overnight at this hotel it is out of town and a car is really a necessity. The room was OK the big bonus was a refrigerator which is rare at most hotels in the area. We had the three course meal which was 28 euro each it was very nice and the restaurant is very pleasant. Breakfast was provided it was limited but enough to keep you going. Staff were really friendly but limited English including the menus overall we were very happy with our stay. A must do is a visit to the Mons Memorial Museum it is only a few kilometers from the hotel.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 30 August 2016

Stayed here for three nights with army vehicles while taking part in the commemoration of Mons liberation during the Second World War by the USA. The hotel had quite large rooms with good en suites. Breakfast was fairly simple but ok. The dining room was quite pleasant but I would recommend eating outside in the large courtyard. Families will enjoy the play area. Service was quite slow but the staff are friendly.

In room 7 there were twin beds but also provision for beds for children (stored in a cupboard during our stay).

Good parking for all vehicles.

Room Tip: Family rooms are available
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2016

Property only has 12 rooms. My room was small, but adequate. Restaurant onsite. Menu pricy, but food quality was good. Parking is a challenge if restaurant is busy. Good place for a stopover. Wifi connection was good from room.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Marc L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Le Monte Cristo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Thank you for your comment! See you a next time!

Reviewed 13 June 2016

Our arrival at 6pm on Sunday was interesting to say the least. It was certainly the most underwhelming greeting we've ever had ...... anywhere! A key just left on the reception counter with our name on a piece of paper .... When we asked a member of staff talking in the bar (who would rather have ignored us completely) where our room was she directed us with a nod of the head and its up there on the 1st floor! Just a hello how are you or even just a bonjour would have been nice! Ah well. Our room was no2 . Clean and tidy but rather 'tired'. The curtains didn't meet and there is quite a bit of traffic noise with the windows open. The electric socket by the bed was hanging of the wall with wires exposed. Be careful if you want to use the fan. The bathroom was clean and tidy but the side panel on the bath gaped open when we walked in and remained hanging off and part of a tile had fallen off the bath surround ..... So a bit TLC wouldn't go amiss. A maintenance man would sort these things out pretty quickly so why hasn't it been done? We had dinner in the pretty restaurant .... the staff were nice. The food was expensive and sadly our steaks were totally undercooked for medium, to the point of being almost blue. Sadly there was also quite a lot of gristle. So overall we would rate it average to below average. (3*) But it's not a 2* (I.e. poor.) The best things are the convenient location for motorway and the free car parking/wifi. Lastly when we went to pay the bill they had already charged my credit card without asking us how we would like to pay.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2016

I turned up on the Sunday at 6pm unfortunately there was no one in reception and no key on the desk. I rang the bell numerous times... I walked round the building a couple of times. I finally noticed a light from one of the rooms, long story short I went to one of the hotel neighbours who kindly phoned the owner then the manager who told me to take a room key from reception and help myself!! An hour after I arrived I finally got in..

Room Tip: Taxis will charge you from Mons.. €18 before you get in the car. Not impressed.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business

We apologize for the inconvenience and the waiting! We also, thank you for your continued patience.