See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Not sure why she shouted at us, but the thought of having to hold a set of keys for a family member who was arriving later seemed to infuriate the owner.

Also, the place was so run down with large holes in the walls, broken chairs and the general atmosphere of a drug den.

It was so filthy inside the room and poorly kept that I’m surprised I didn’t catch aids while staying there.

Date of stay: November 2017
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The positive is the friendly relief staff they have on the counter we got to experience. As for the owner who we saw briefly she couldn’t even say a hello let alone a smile. The rooms are in need of a major overall. Our shower leaked, the flusher on the toilet was broken. Our toilet seat was coming off. The sign in the bathroom saying about make up on them is a joke when the towels aren’t white and the linen is so coloured and dirty looking. Our bed was hard and uncomfortable. Our room didn’t get serviced only we got new towels each day and one day the staff stood at the door one day and asked what we needed and handed them to us. The floors were dirty as the carpet could do with a clean and the outside needs a major clean where you walk to your room. It is all sticky under your feet. There were ants in the room on the walls and floor. I want the only one staying at the motel as friends were as well and we all had the same problems and complaints. Won’t be back here again unless the owner takes action and listens to her bad reviews!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This accommodation is basic and pleasant enough on the surface, but with time it reveals maintenance, cleaning and comfort issues.

Firstly, the beds are horrific. They are so hard. Between us we occupied several rooms, so we know that this is an issue across the units and not just my bad luck. I would imagine they are very cheap beds and this is a real shame. But much much worse was is the fold out sofas. I challenge the owners to sleep a weekend on one and see for themselves what they are putting their paying customers through.

Secondly, the dishwasher situation. The owners insist that prior misuse is an acceptable reason to prevent current customers from having the option to use a dishwasher. The owners should stop playing the blame game- It’s not right. Do something pro-active about it! Invest in a later model dish-drawer- everyone knows that those ones were problematic.

Next, the rooms are not as clean and well serviced as they should be for paying customers. This includes the bathroom floors, the carpet ( owners when you take up the challenge to stay in your awful rooms wear some white socks and then you’ll know what I’m on about), the bathroom louver blinds, the spa jets, the white (murky white) linen, the walls, the skirting boards! While little bathroom soaps were replaced, plunger coffee and make up remover wipes certainly weren’t. It’s a bit off to put up a sign threatening to charge for makeup stained face flannels and yet not provide enough makeup wipes for the number of people booked in and keep them stocked each day!

And lastly the finishing touches- bedside clocks and mirrors. Or not as the case is.

This accommodation is in need of an overhaul maintenance followed by regular up keep. The heated towel rail in our room was rusty and not heating. The loo flusher broken. Grout in tiles missing.

We had a roof over our heads- which was good, but I wouldn’t come back. I hope that owners take up my challenge instead of getting defensive when they read my review. It’s just how it is, and it would be nice to see it improved one day soon.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Katie U
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Room was clean however sleeper couch terrible, no cover on duvet, mattress on main bed was old and terrible on backs, overpriced for basics with rude signed posted and not worth staying there.
Will not go back there and

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank desbrad40
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I booked 2 rooms at this establishment and will never stay here again.They put their prices up due to the Ed Sheeran concert in Auckland and value for money was an absolute rip off. Our rooms were not serviced after the first day with the bed not being made.On the second night I requested a single bed for my son and what arrived was in no way good enough to sleep on, not even a duvet cover on the duvet. Perhaps the owner felt that he did not need to shower as no extra towel was left for him- had to go to reception to ask for this- and to top it all wanted an extra $20.00 for this.Noticed that they had overcharged on arrival ontop of the extra charge for Ed Sheeran.The lady at reception said that the owner has to approve the refund and will refund via my credit card within a few days...albeit only $20.00.
The room was shocking, smelly and disgusting.
NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!
This facility was not worth the $220.00--$260.00 charged.

Room tip: Not possible here
Date of stay: March 2018