Lowest prices for your stay
Snaptravel
US$ 53
Free cancellation until 05/03/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
US$ 54
Free cancellation until 06/03/21
Expedia.comUS$ 54
eDreamsUS$ 53
FindHotel
All reviews hotel is beautiful lake view swimming pool recommend staying here tam coc annie lan cs temple balcony receptionist nature scenery bicycles english hanoi
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 July 2020

We were the only ones here during the week and although that was nice, it meant a lot was closed or under staffed but we still had a nice time. The people who were working are wonderful and the resort is beautiful. The only reason I did not rate a five was that the pool was broken the entire time we were there and the mattress was pretty hard. I would come back for sure.

Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank V8190TLandyb
Reviewed 7 June 2020

We booked this hotel in particular to make the most of the great views that Ninh Binh have to offer, and it did not disappoint! Our room had large windows out to the water with incredible lime casts just outside. It is also just around the corner from a lovely temple built in to the side of the mountain with lovely views and as always really beautifully detailed architecture! We also found some people walking up the other side of the temple, which we are so glad we explored too as there lies an idyllic setting just the other side with a small fisherman's home and quiet lake, it was beautiful. It was a great base to visit around Ninh Binh too and the lady at reception was so helpful in organising a day trip for us. It costs around £40 to book a taxi driver for the day and she gave him an itinerary for us which was perfect. Starting Bai Dinh Pagoda with unbelievable views then on to Ancient village then Trang An for a boat ride through the mountains. The food was quite expensive at the hotel however there are plenty of great restaurants around!

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 16 April 2020

We went to visit our son who was teaching English in a School in Ninh Binh. This had been arranged many months in advance. The hotel that he had chosen for us was Tam Coc La Montaigne Resort and Spa. We had a lake view studio which was in a lovely setting and was well appointed. The local scenery was splendid and it was a joy to wake up to the view that we had every morning.
Despite the circumstances (the coronavirus outbreak) we were able to get out and about, using bicycles and taxis and were advised by the very helpful and friendly staff about the procedures to follow whilst visiting Vietnam.
The hotel was like an oasis of calm in a rather uncertain and unsettling world. Much of this was down to the level of service that we received from the hotel staff. I cannot praise them highly enough. In the future when everything have settled down and are getting back to normal we wish to return to La Montagne to see the sights that we were prevented from seeing due to the 'shut down'. We would certainly stay in this hotel.

1  Thank S1649PKpeterc
Reviewed 2 April 2020

The location of this hotel is beautiful, overlooking a lake, some really lovely karst scenery and the very photogenic Bich Dong pagoda. The hotel is very impressive and the the reception/restaurant area definitely has the wow factor. The gardens are well maintained and there is a swimming pool too.

The customer service was so good at this place, I actually stayed twice.

Firstly, I booked a Deluxe Lake View between Mar 4-6. The room was immaculate and the view from the balcony was gorgeous. There was loads of storage and the biggest bed I've ever slept in. Later in the holiday (Mar 14-16) I was due to go on a cruise around Halong Bay but when it was cancelled due to coronavirus, I decided to bring my girlfriend back to Tam Coc and I was so impressed by this hotel and the staff, I decided to return. Second time we had a Studio Lake View room which was one of the best rooms I've ever stayed in. Very spacious, nice design and a separate lounge area. The bathroom had a roll-top bath with lake view.

But the best thing about this hotel are the staff. They were super friendly and helpful and clearly really cared about their job and making the customer experience as good as possible for visitors. For my second stay, a lot of the attractions were closed because of coronavirus restrictions, so the hotel laid on free cookery classes which I thought was a nice touch (and good fun!). We had free cocktails on arrival too.

All of the staff were brilliant but I'd like to single out Ciara on reception and Collin, the bartender/waitor, always smiling and friendly and super-helpful. Everyone at this hotel seems to have a great deal of pride in their work. When I checked out the manager invited me to join all of the staff who were having a meal to celebrate International Women's Day while I waited for my taxi.

I've traveled a lot around Asia and I can't remember receiving such good customer service than I did on my two stays at this hotel.

The hotel offers a pick-up/drop-off service for the airport in Hanoi and has motorbike rental too for just 180,000 per day.

Highly recommended.

Room tip: I highly recommend the rooms with views of the lake
1  Thank Hux_JE
Reviewed 25 March 2020

My friend and I had to suddenly change our plans due to the Covid-19 virus, and we diverted to La Montagne instead of somewhere in Halong Bay. From the moment we arrived the staff couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful. The security man literally jumped over a low hedge to speak to our driver as we pulled in, and they rushed out to the taxi to take our luggage and greet us with delicious cold welcome drinks. The manager Annie was amazing and helpful, and as there were only 6 guests including us in the entire hotel, she upgraded us to lake view rooms. What stunning views they have and the rooms are also beautiful ! Annie also took the time to speak to us personally every day to ensure that everything was OK, and also arranged a Grab taxi to take us back to Hanoi at the end of our stay. The whole hotel is beautiful and in peaceful surroundings and we borrowed bikes to go for long country cycle rides. Special thanks also go to My, our breakfast waitress who has a lovely polite manner, and Luis,another waiter who doesn't speak much English but tries very hard and we always 'got there' in the end. Last but not least, Collin on the bar, who does speak very good English and who has the loveliest smile. The hotel is on the outskirts of Tam Coc, which suited us just fine as it's not far to cycle in, and I thoroughly recommend it.

Room tip: Ground Floor, Lake View