Villa Casanova Lucca
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
La Casa Rossa(Massaciuccoli)
View Hotel
Hotel Butterfly - Il Nido d'Amore(Torre del Lago Puccini)
Il Ponte(Lucca)
Meditur Hotel Pisa(Migliarino)
Regina Hotel(Viareggio)
  • Bar/Lounge
Villa Rosy(Torre del Lago Puccini)
Hotel Giuly(Viareggio)
View Hotel
All reviewsabsolute perfectionstar hoteltuscan countrysidebreakfast includedhighlight of our tripher husbandvilla casanovaluxurypoolsideluccabeddinghostsmicaelaturndown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We stayed in the Albergo Villa Casanova for 3 nights recently and absolutely loved it-it's one Of the most beautiful hotels we have stayed in and the staff and meals were wonderful-they were very warm and friendly-Kerry the manager was lovely-and Scottish! We went into Lucca every day but you wouldn't have to-it's lovely to stay by pool!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 5 October 2011

We came across this villa on luxury hotel site Prestigious Venues and loved what we saw so had to make the trip. We visited Albergo Villa Casanova in September and had the most amazing weekend. Nestled in the countryside far away from any hustle and bustle, the moment you arrive peace and tranquility descends. Our room on the top floor was beautiful, we particularly loved the bed, the deep bath and the views down the valley. The dinner was sensational and the service by the sommelier was excellent. The walk up the track to the look out is a must when staying, as is a walk in the gardens and a look around the beautiful old out houses. Simply can't wait to return and definitely will, wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at Albergo Villa Casanova in August as a 'get away' on our own from the kids - our time is precious and we weren't disappointed at all. We had a wonderful welcome from the friendly staff, immediately felt at home and relaxed - whereas some high end hotels I have stayed in have been stifling - not the case here.

Every attention to detail has been thought about, the suites are huge and stunningly decorated with the biggest walk-in shower imaginable! The food was exceptional and we were lucky enough to be staying at the same time as the owner who over excelled to ensure we were looked after impeccably.

We left rested, refreshed and the only downer was that we didn't have more time!

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jennie H
Reviewed 12 August 2011

In all of my travels in Italy my husband and I like to stay in luxury villas that usually have less than 20 rooms, are family owned and operated and in interesting areas. Italy has some magnificent villas.
Albergo Villa Casanova is without a doubt, the most exquisite villa we have stayed in.
It was recently rennovated by a couple from England, top to bottom, no expense spared. The rooms are magnificent, the bathrooms spectacular. The beds were incredibly comfortable and the fine linens and bedding just engulfed you for a sound nights sleep. The grounds are lovely with a wonderful swimming pool that overlooks the countryside. Stunning.
And the restaurant serves incredible cuisine. Every night we had dinner there the chef outdid himself.
If you want to stay in a luxurious villa, this is the one. I highly recommend it.
It's close to the city of Lucca (Puccini's home) and there is lots to see in the area.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank 1lilcook
Reviewed 21 July 2011

This is a lovely hotel but having been fortunate enough to stay in many five star hotels it is not quite that. The rooms are beautiful and spacious and the hotel itself is in a lovely remote spot. The pool is stunning and all the outside areas have a wonderful view over the valley. Here, however, are my "buts"...
1. The hotel's remoteness is definitely one of its plus points but if you want to eat anywhere other than the hotel you need transport. Not necessarily an issue but something to be borne in mind as...
2. Yes the restaurant is lovely and the food great but it's expensive. Again this may just be me but part of the appeal of Italy is the local food experience and that does not have to cost. We loved dining in the restaurant but not every night. If you paying in Sterling budget 1 :1 exchange rate - Europe is expensive at the moment!
3. The staff are lovely and very helpful but the service is not 100% five star. 3 or 4 of the 5 mornings we had to wait for a table to be cleared (I helped lay a table myself one morning) for breakfast and the buffet was not always quick to be refilled.
4. This is not the hotel's fault but just be aware as this is a small hotel (just 14 rooms) and we were expecting a quiet relaxed time. Unfortunately for us on the first 2 days there were two families with 6 children between them who monopolised the pool and beds. Please believe me when I say I love children but a day by the pool was not an option on these days. In such a small hotel there is no place to escape.
5. We had a query on our bill about room rates when we left. One issue the hotel needs to address is that they don't always have a decision maker on site. So when I queried it and the receptionist couldn't reach the manager on his mobile phone I had no option but to pay and query with him later. It wasn't her fault and I could see she was uncomfortable. I sent the manager an email over a week ago when we got back and to date no reply...that is not acceptable whatever star you may be. If you are reading this Simon I expect a response!

So yes a lovely hotel but a few issues for me

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple