Hampton Inn Gloucester
Quality Inn Gloucester(Gloucester Courthouse)(Great Value!)
US$ 83
MainStay Suites(Williamsburg)
US$ 90
US$ 88
MainStaySuites
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgreat hotelindoor poolcomplimentary breakfasta great staywould stay here againroom was cleannice breakfastbusch gardensenjoyed my staythe hotel staffstaff was very friendlyfamily reunionnight's sleepfront desk staffcookiesfresh fruitwaffles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This Hampton Inn is nicely located for a quiet stay while remaining close to the attractions of Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown, not to mention the lovely town of Gloucester and its sister towns in the area. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean and comfortable and quiet. Since the area is covered with creeks and inlets we got a parking lot serenade from a bull frog.
The Inn is located off in a retail strip off a busy highway but it's set back from the road and a quick turn off the main highway leads through the towns.
The pool is your usual, over-chlorinated indoor pool - fine for exercise or allowing the kids to let off steam.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Argon321
HamptonInnGloucester, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2011

We are so happy you enjoyed exploring our hometown, we love it too and you are welcome back anytime!

-Beverly Black, General Manager

Reviewed 29 April 2011

Having stayed previously at the Williamsburg Hampton Inn Central, we knew what to expect here, and generally speaking, we got it. The same very comfortable bed, and decent sized room, with a pool had we so wished.

Breakfast offers good fruit and sticky pastries etc, as well as a curious McDonalds kind of hot offering - typically meat patties and powdered egg eaten with bend plastic cutlery off cardboard plates.

The hotel is only a mile at most from Gloucester, which has a pretty little high street with the old courthouse, though not a lot else. There is a pretty park nearby (Beaverdam).

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jazzer1
Reviewed 7 December 2010

We come to Gloucester every year to visit relatives and go to the Oyster Festival in Urbanna. This is probably the 4th or 5th time we have stayed at this hotel and once again, we enjoyed it. My kids love the pool (though it is a bit overly chlorinated - bring goggles). The breakfast is always plentiful and well stocked and I really like the dining area. The cookies are also a nice treat when coming back to the hotel in the evening. I want to give a special thanks to Mary on the front desk, who called me on my cell phone to let me know that the cleaning crew had found my daughter's wallet left behind in the room. We were already on our drive back home, but they sent it back to us. It was really appreciated.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank inklover
bitttybee, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2011

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and for staying at the Hampton Inn. Looking forward to having you as a guest again soon!

Reviewed 30 November 2010

We stayed 2 nights and loved it. The room was spotless and spacious and the hotel staff could not have been nicer. We were pleasantly surprised with our included breakfast. We expected a continental breakfast and were happy to find eggs , sausage and waffles plus many other choices. Will be staying here again when we are in Gloucester.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tibbiesmom
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Enjoyed my stay there while visiting for a wedding. However, when checking my bank statement I saw I was charged almost $30 extra for incidental charges. The amount or percentage allowed for this was not listed anywhere on my statement. When questioning the hotel, I was told it will take up to 72 hours to have this reversed. I think the check out statements need to be made more clear, so that all amounts being charged to your account are known in advance. Make sure you ask about all charges in advance!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family