All reviews edisto island grocery store laid back beach walk myrtle beach relaxing vacation beach towels mini golf sea cow negative reviews spring break second bedroom lounge chairs botany bay seafood full kitchen gas station
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

I always love staying at Wyndham Ocean Ridge. It is so peaceful and the scenery was natural. Hurricane Irma had blown through a month ago and work crews abounded but that still did not disturb our stay. Lots of amenities from a great golf course, pools and putt putt for the kids. We will definitely go back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2017

This beach is awesome ! Beautiful place to visit again. Very quiet and peaceful.
No crowds to deal with. Plenty of restaurants to visit . People are very friendly. Condo was beautiful and had everything we needed.

Room Tip: Be prepared for a very quiet vacation !
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We booked 2 weeks - the first for 4 couples and the second for just us. We used timeshare points - timeshare purchased at Edisto. Requested Baypoint to have the amazing view and have walking distance to beach. Also requested for the 2 units to be stacked as we eat together and socialize. We knew Hurricane Irma impacted Edisto as it's one of our favorite vacation spots so keep tabs on the place. I called 2 weeks ahead of time to check on things and was told they planned on opening Sept 22 so our reservations for Sept 29 thru Oct 13 should be fine. I called back on the 22nd to make sure and was again told our reservations were set...they had some damage but Baypoint had open units so we should be okay.

When we checked in not only we're we told Baypoint was closed but they didn't stack our units either. We had an upper unit and the other 2 couples had a lower unit kitty corner from us. I called when we saw that neither the unit directly below us nor directly above the other unit were occupied but was told there was nothing they could do because of existing reservations. The units were open for 4-5 of the first 7 days so don't understand that logic at all. We talked to other customers during our stay who had similar experiences.

We will return to Edisto as it's a great vacation spot if you like laid back relaxing beach time with no commercialism. Not sure about sticking with Wyndham. They are doing a lot of cleaning and repair due to hurricane and assuming existing remodel plans. I hope they remove the large tub in the king bedroom bathroom as feel it's wasted space and a walk in shower would be of better use for their clientele. They are putting gas grills in across the property and those are great - we used them several times. Also liked the work they've done at The Villages pool.

I did talk with guest services about the situation stressing that not being truthful was my biggest concern. We would've still came there on vacation had they been truthful about Baypoint the first time I called...even the second. The blatant disregard for telling the truth to ensure they keep customers may have kept current reservation levels but not sure it helps long term. Really have a bad taste in my mouth after this experience.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank miaarter
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Had a quick visit before hurricane Irma kicked us out. We rented a two bedroom suite and it turned out to be a whole floor of a small condo building. A number of the buildings surround a pool and grill area. Everything in the condo seemed new to me and exceeded my expectations. Edisto to me seemed very laid back and at least in the fall was not very crowded at all. The timeshare people don't push you too hard, unlike most places you visit that have timeshare people lurking about.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2017

we stayed in 1 bedroom deluxe unit. large living room, full kitchen, dining area, 42" samsung flatscreen tv. 32" flatscreen in bedroom. washer and dryer. over look swiming pool and outdoor spa. very nice outdoor kitchen with gas grill. stayed in the village area. located across from marina. great view. has a Bi-Lo market close by. well stocked. many eatery's , golf course and great activety center.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family