Andell Inn(Kiawah Island)(Great Value!)
US$ 304
US$ 274
Priceline
Quality Inn St. Helena(Saint Helena Island)
US$ 84
US$ 176
US$ 103
US$ 99
QualityInn
Hilton Garden Inn Beaufort(Beaufort)(Great Value!)
US$ 140
US$ 121
US$ 121
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsedisto islandgrocery storeget awaylaid backbeach walkmyrtle beachrelaxing vacationbeach towelsmini golfsea cownegative reviewsspring breaksecond bedroomlounge chairsbotany bayseafoodgas station
Reviewed 4 August 2008

We traded our timeshare with RCI to stay at the Wyndham Ocean Ridge II. Our unit was located at Marsh Point II which is located near the marsh and a block or two from the beach at St. Helena Sound. Our one bedroom unit had a queen bed, full kitchen, living room, washer /dryer, and bathroom with shower and Jacuzzi tub. We did find one half-dead palmetto bug about halfway through our week, but he was easily taken care of and we didn’t see another the whole time. We found our room to be very clean.

The pool next to our place was a little disappointing. They told us at check-in that the pool would reopen the next day because of a problem with the chemicals. The next afternoon it was still closed. We found two other pools; one was near the recreation center and another was located near a group of condos called The Village. We foolishly walked to the one near the recreation center. It was a little too far and too hot in July to do so. On the long walk back we found the pool at The Village and regretted not going to it instead. All three pools were a little older, but served their purpose. We were really more interested in the beach.

The beach near Marsh Point is located at St. Helena Sound. This is a great place to look for shells, but we found it wasn’t really the type beach we were looking for to swim or sunbathe. We ended up driving our car to the main part of the beach which took about 8 minutes. This beach had the ocean waves and softer sand. The resort offers a tram to the beach cabana, but we preferred to come and go as we pleased. There was parking along the road or near the beach cabana (located in the 2100 block and marked on the road with an orange mailbox).

Overall we had a great time. The Serpentarium was worth the trip even for a person who doesn’t really care for snakes. We went to Charleston one day. It took about an hour and 15 minutes to get there, not 45. Use the coupon the resort gives you for a carriage ride.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frauP.
Reviewed 6 July 2008

After reading most of the other reviews I too was a bit concerned. I stayed at Sea Oaks (same as other reviewer “secondgrademom“.. Please read her review as she does a great job describing the unit however the furniture was newer than she reported, possibly they replaced it.). The layout was great and though not as new as the ones we stayed at in Florida, it was more than satisfactory for us. In fact, we fell in love w/ the place. My wife and I wanted to have a bit of peace and quiet. BOY.. Did we get it !! The beaches were beautiful, and you can find a spot with little to no people. Like your own private beach ! Sunrise on the beach was awesome and low tide “dolphin watching” was great!(see pics) The people of the town and vacationers alike were warm and kind. I went for jogs in the morning and was given many a greeting (and even some encouragements) along the way. The only problem is how quickly the time went! I would love to have spent another week there.. Yet to write “why” is difficult, as all we did was.. RELAX ..I mean really RELAX!!!!

However.. There is “stuff” to do.. Kayaking, fishing, biking, but I could not be drawn away from the beach. As many have said, if you are looking for “party night life” , this is not the place. But if some “romantic one-to-one” with the one you love rocks your boat, I give this place a BIG THUMBS UP !!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank DannyDe
Reviewed 31 May 2008

We stayed at the Village portion of the resort. We could see the marina on one side and the pool on the other. Our room was spacious and clean. We especially appreciated the kitchen. We cooked most of our meals there. Service was good. We had trouble with one of the bathtubs the first night and some one was there within minutes and corrected the problem immediately. The pool was usually crowded and a little bit loud but the quiet on the beach made up for that. We were amazed at our proximity to the beach; it was less than a two minute bike ride down the road. The area is hard to find at first but is worth the drive. The entire trip was beautiful and relaxing.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank BlueRhapsody35
Reviewed 19 May 2008

After reading most of the other reviews I was a bit concerned about what the accommodations would be like.
We had one of the reburbished units and it was very nice. Kitchen is very well equipped with everything you need.
Place was very clean and the staff very helpful and accommodating. They are building some new buildings on the site.
They even supply towels for the pool which was an added feature.
Edisto Island is non commercialized so it is great for just
relaxing, we did a lot of walking on and off the beach. People are very friendly and everyone waves as they are driving by.
From a local we spoke to there are only 350 year round residents on the island.

Stayed: May 2008
4  Thank sheila4
Reviewed 8 May 2008

I had read reviews before going to this hotel and was interested to see just how clean the place was. I was very happily surprised. This had been our 4th hotel in a little over a week on our honeymoon and it was one of the cleanest hotels we stayed at. We had no problems with bugs either. The only complaint that I have with this hotel was the staff. They were never down and out rude but I believe a couple of classes in customer service are in order. We needed directions to the closest hospital and instead of giving us printed directions or even writing them down for us, they told us "about" directions. Which basically means the directions that were given were more like " go down about 10 miles and youll come to I think the second light and I think you turn right on this road that has a big sign". I just didnt appreciate being given half directions if that makes sense. We are also from Arizona which means that our time difference is 3 hours. The concierge found it ok to call at 10 am their time (7 our time), to welcome us. Then she began to tell my husband about the tours they offered and all the timeshare stuff and yet when explained to her that I was sick in bed she still called the following day to see if we wanted to come in for the presentation. I guess some people just dont understand. All in all it is a beautiful place, a little dated in the design but still comfortable feeling.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple