I just returned from Edisto after staying there November 10 to the 16th.The weather was great except for the last day of the stay.I have stayed at several other Wyndham resorts(see other reviews)but this is my favorite place!I do not understand all of the negative reviews on here about this place.The condo was great the resort staff is great and very helpful.The area is a little remote for some but if you dont like that aspect of it then you should go to Myrtle Beach and fight with crowds and traffic!That is not my idea of a relaxing vacation though!I was able to go to Fort Sumter which the resort offered as a tour and they took care of everything.I also took a historical tour of the island which the resort also offered as a tour.What more could you ask for.There was 2 more tours one of Charlestown and the Magnolia Plantation which i did not take i do plan on them for future trips.The island itself is full of history and beauty.I barely scatched the surface of the history part of it but plan on learning more in the future.I have never had problems getting stuff on the island we got some groceries at the piggly wiggly and cooked some meals in our unit.That always helps out.The island is full of beauty and things you do not see at other places.If you like shelling this is the best place for that.I have now been here 6 times and am always sad to leave.It is a great place to relax and get rid of STRESS!I am already looking forward to going back to see more and learn more.I cant wait to get that Moola La French Toast at the Sea Cow it is just the BEST!The drive may be far but i will drive it everytime for Peace!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lift Your Spirits in Lowcountry Find solace at Wyndham Ocean Ridge — located on a small island just off South Carolina's southern shore. Nestled within a grove of oak and cypress trees cloaked in Spanish moss, the resort's wistful scenery and quiet spaces inspire you to be mindful of each passing moment. Stand in awe on the resort's small beach as you watch dolphins frolic in the waves during their seasonal migrations. Drive into the tiny town of Edisto Beach and discover the charm of Lowcountry by tasting its distinctive flavors and swapping stories with the friendly locals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Booking.com so you can book your Wyndham Ocean Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Ocean Ridge Hotel Edisto Island
- Wyndham Hotel Edisto Island
- Wyndham Edisto Island
- Edisto Island Wyndham