This was our 2nd time to this resort. Last time we stayed in the Sea Palms section and were disappointed with the amount of palmetto bugs that were in the unit. This time we decided to give the premier units of King Cotton section of the resort a try and were much happier. We did find one bug in the 2 days we were there, but it was dying, so we knew the place had been sprayed. As for the unit, it was a 3 bedroom/4 bathroom with 3 nice covered screened in patios. We sat on one patio and ate breakfast while watching golfers 2 mornings. The kitchen was huge and well equiped for our small group. The fridge had an ice maker/water dispenser in the door. There was also a filtered water dispenser at the kitchen sink. We had a little trouble with the tv and had maintenance come over, but he was personable and quick. The master bedroom was quite large with a walk in closet and a HUGE bathroom complete with separate shower and jacuzzi tub. The beds were comfy. The other 2 bedrooms also had in suite bathrooms. The shampoo and conditioners supplied were a full ounce larger then the usual ones. There was even an elevator in the unit. It was sort of hidden, but once we found it and figured out how to work it, we enjoyed being lazy and using it, especially when taking our luggage back to the car. The one really odd thing with the place was the wiring for the stairwell that leads up to the bedrooms. If you turn on the lights downstairs, the switch upstairs did not turn those lights off. We had to lower the switch halfway to get the lights to shut off. This unit was certainly more updated and cleaner then the Sea Palms unit we stayed in before. We even found the private beach the last night we were there. Too bad we didn't find it sooner. That beach is probably a great place to watch the dolphins from. We also happened to be there at the mating season of Horseshoe crabs! It was odd seeing so many Horseshoe crabs all over the beach near the inlet. Hopefully we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lift Your Spirits in Lowcountry Find solace at Wyndham Ocean Ridge — located on a small island just off South Carolina's southern shore. Nestled within a grove of oak and cypress trees cloaked in Spanish moss, the resort's wistful scenery and quiet spaces inspire you to be mindful of each passing moment. Stand in awe on the resort's small beach as you watch dolphins frolic in the waves during their seasonal migrations. Drive into the tiny town of Edisto Beach and discover the charm of Lowcountry by tasting its distinctive flavors and swapping stories with the friendly locals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Booking.com so you can book your Wyndham Ocean Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Ocean Ridge Hotel Edisto Island
- Wyndham Hotel Edisto Island
- Wyndham Edisto Island
- Edisto Island Wyndham