Edisto Beach on Edisto Island in South Carolina is a FABULOUS step back in time!!! You begin to relax and recoup the minute you start driving onto the island heading for Edisto Beach!!!! There are NO hotels, much less no tall beach hotels, no hectic traffic, there is no inundation of restaurants and beach shops clamoring for your business!! This is a family beach with literally mostly beach homes and only Wyndham's Ocean Ridge Resort.
Ocean Ridge is a large resort there which offers many different kinds of accommodations and activities to choose from! The units are well kept and up to Wyndham Resort standards which we are always pleased with. Most of the units are not on the beach but are contained within the resort property which is not far from their oceanside cabana. What is awesome about this resort is the location on this island and the MYRIAD of super fun things to do while you are there!!! Our favorite things to do are renting bikes for the week and riding everywhere (very easy and safe), dolphin watching which is possible almost 24/7 from Bay Point, exploring the island (VERY interesting history of island) and touring old plantation sites, kayaking in the bay and in creeks heading towards the ocean, riding down Botany Bay road (has to be one of the most beautiful roads in America), visiting Charleston which is only 30 minutes away, taking picnics out on the sound side and watching the dolphins playing and the breathtaking sunsets, shelling on the beach beside Edisto Beach State Park property. My husband always plays golf; there is free miniature golf and several pools too on the property. There is only one grocery store on the island - how is that for an indication of the lack of commercialism? There are some very good restaurants and fish markets to buy your own fish to cook and enjoy! We are NEVER ready to leave and ALWAYS feel rejuvenated from being there!!!!! We take family there, we take friends there. We sometimes go alone!!!! It is truly WONDERFUL!!!! We have 2 trips planned there in 2012 - one in the fall and one in the spring!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lift Your Spirits in Lowcountry Find solace at Wyndham Ocean Ridge — located on a small island just off South Carolina's southern shore. Nestled within a grove of oak and cypress trees cloaked in Spanish moss, the resort's wistful scenery and quiet spaces inspire you to be mindful of each passing moment. Stand in awe on the resort's small beach as you watch dolphins frolic in the waves during their seasonal migrations. Drive into the tiny town of Edisto Beach and discover the charm of Lowcountry by tasting its distinctive flavors and swapping stories with the friendly locals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Booking.com so you can book your Wyndham Ocean Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Ocean Ridge Hotel Edisto Island
- Wyndham Hotel Edisto Island
- Wyndham Edisto Island
- Edisto Island Wyndham