All reviews edisto island time share grocery store laid back beach walk relaxing vacation myrtle beach beach towels putt putt mini golf sea cow negative reviews second bedroom lounge chairs botany bay full kitchen spring break
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Our first trip to Wyndham Ocean Ridge was in 2004 and we had no intentions of hooking up with a time share. After four days at Marsh Point, we were hooked and bought into Fairfield Resorts (now Wyndham). We were finally able to make it back to SC this year and while the units had aged, we only had minor inconveniences that were readily fixed after a call to Guest Services.

We have children and knew they would LOVE the fast paced atmosphere of a "spring break town" but we chose to show them the other side of vacationing and they absolutely fell in love with Edisto Beach! There will be family members visiting Ocean Ridge for many decades to come.

Oh - and in regards to the lighting issues in the late summer/early fall months - the island cannot have any exterior lighting at night because it confuses the hatching loggerhead turtles. We haven't been there for this wonderful event - yet!

Room tip: Marsh Point has the outdoor year-round pool and is being/has been remodeled.
Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank jcinky
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We stayed here 10/15 thru 10/22. Contrary to other reviews we found this place to be great.Staff was excellent, unit was excellent, like new.Golf was great,restaurants were fine, piggly wiggly has about anything you need and prices reasonable.Good ice cream at Subway. The island is a laid back area, if you want to tour Charleston and its sites you will need about 1&1/2 hrs.to travel there.We suggest at least 1 day there because there is so much to see and do.lots of history.Highly recommend
this place.

Room tip: Higher up rooms better ask for recently renovated
Date of stay: October 2011
8  Thank JIMCINDER
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Resort reviews were mixed so we were a little worried but the room was new and spotlessly clean. We're coming here again! Island is not commercialized so dining choices are limited. Be prepared to cook. Island mottos are don't tell your friends and we're not Myrtle Beach. Be sure to stop by the Edisto Bookstore. Nice to see a successful independent bookstore and it has a small used book section for economical vacation reading.

Room tip: We liked the Villas which was a smaller complex close to the pool and the marsh.
Date of stay: September 2011
4  Thank Katydid_Katydont
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We reserved here to use a time share exchange week and were a bit apprehensive about the resort after reading prior reviews, so were pleasantly surprised to find ourselves in a very nice unit (#694) in the Villages section of the large resort. Our two bedroom condo was new, very clean and the furnishings were attractive. We had a full kitchen and washer and dryer. The bathroom was spacious with a jacuzzi and oversized walk in shower. We were located right next to one of the resort's 3 pools and an easy drive to beach access. Although the Resort's cabana access to the beach, with restrooms, outdoor showers and lounge chairs, is located a farther distance away from the facility, there is public access to the beach, most with parking, at every block. There is a nice restaurant (Grovers) on the main property. Time share sales pitch was a bit long, but very informative and provided us a good lunch. I would recommend the resort, particularly if you can request one of the Village units.

Date of stay: October 2011
4  Thank G1032AJbarbarag
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I checked in at the Wyndham Ocean Ridge on a Tuesday afternoon. Check in was easy. The room was nice. The only dark spot in my stay was that on Thursday I discovered that there were fleas in my room. I called the front desk and they said that there had been a flea problem and that I needed to watch where I walked. They sent over someone who was going to set off a flea bomb.I think that made the fleas angrier. I ended up going to the Piggly Wiggly store and buying a can of flea killer. It took care of the problem and I enjoyed the rest of my stay flea free. The beach was beautiful and the Piggly Wiggly had wonderful homemade breakfast and dinner at reasonable prices.I plan to make this trip an annual one.

Date of stay: September 2011